joshschild11
    joshschild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

a simple strategy

i think often times people really look further into this than they need to. you can spin your head left and right looking for stats to help give you an edge but the truth is if you dont have some sort of algorithm program or some genious computer generated program most of you wont have much luck. for the last several years ive won consistantly using this ideology in picking my games. basically what you want to do is when you wake up in the morning or late at night look at the matchups for the day and pick games where the line looks fishy. like for instance today would probably be west virginia at a pk. pittsburgh has a much better record and are ranked much higher. to put it in simple terms the line could be pitt -3 and people would still be betting on it left and right. the trick is to wait and see if the line moves in west virginias favor sharply (1 or 2 points or at least 1.5 points off of a pk) this will tell you that people with alot of money and even betting syndicates are playing this side as well. i would recomend if you dont have donbest, vegasinsider, sportsinsights to follow the lines at pinnacle.com or BetCris.com. in life as in sportsbetting, if it looks to good to be true it probably is and if sharp bettors with boat loads of money are on it, ill jump in too. this is not going to work everytime and may even go on bad runs. but i promise if you are very strict on the games you play you will win more than 53% of time, which is a realistic goal. good luck to everyone. (i do not use this for baseball)

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

ambiguous rules can lead you to think anything has merit

nail down some solid guidelines and then check

the_mathman
    the_mathman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Quote Originally Posted by joshschild11 View Post
    i think often times people really look further into this than they need to. you can spin your head left and right looking for stats to help give you an edge but the truth is if you dont have some sort of algorithm program or some genious computer generated program most of you wont have much luck. for the last several years ive won consistantly using this ideology in picking my games. basically what you want to do is when you wake up in the morning or late at night look at the matchups for the day and pick games where the line looks fishy. like for instance today would probably be west virginia at a pk. pittsburgh has a much better record and are ranked much higher. to put it in simple terms the line could be pitt -3 and people would still be betting on it left and right. the trick is to wait and see if the line moves in west virginias favor sharply (1 or 2 points or at least 1.5 points off of a pk) this will tell you that people with alot of money and even betting syndicates are playing this side as well. i would recomend if you dont have donbest, vegasinsider, sportsinsights to follow the lines at pinnacle.com or BetCris.com. in life as in sportsbetting, if it looks to good to be true it probably is and if sharp bettors with boat loads of money are on it, ill jump in too. this is not going to work everytime and may even go on bad runs. but i promise if you are very strict on the games you play you will win more than 53% of time, which is a realistic goal. good luck to everyone. (i do not use this for baseball)
    Thus your suggestion is: bet the sharp price.
    right?

do you play this?
    Do you know the results of the sharp price in NBA for the last 30 days? (a disaster!)

joshschild11
    joshschild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

i suppose this idea is more of a matter of opinion when trying to pick out sucker bets or obviously bad lines. maybe im giving people to much credit thinking that they could actually depict them. more or less i have a list of games that i would consider sucker bets and when i see a bunch of money coming in on one side (steam) i play the game. if i dont see that i do not play it. only the person can decide what they think would fall in to this category but matched up with betting syndicates i think its a great way to bet. just thought this might help someone.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

It seems to work in college games but nba you can have a line move but the public is all over it and the game covers. In college you have to play against the public but in the nba i see alot of public games covering. In college bb anybody can beat anybody but in the nba there are less upsets.

SportsBettingPro
    SportsBettingPro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by joshschild11 View Post
    You have the right idea (as evidenced by your consistant winning), but if you want this post to actually help anybody, you are going to have to be mroe specific. If the average person could spot "fishy" lines with consistancy on their own, they probably wouldn't need to be told that the "obvious" side is the wrong side.