CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

calling durito

Dear durito my favorite poster

My special tome hasnt come yet so I'm still posting. Can you help me with my bet. I have Green Bay to win the NFC 600 @ +700 and can bet Chicago @ +175 a bet of 1745 gives a profit of 2454 regardless but I was wondering if there was any advantage to be had in the -3.5 spread.
    I dont think there is but I'd like your opinion and while I realise betpoints mean nothing to you, I'm willing to give you 100 before my exodus into the betting theory desert.
    Many thanks in advance.

CHUBNUT

Its strange how you get very few replies from all the pro bettors on here between 9am and 5pm maybe they have a power nap to replenish their data bases

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90264

I would take the +3.5 in a heart beat. You have the opportunity to cash both plays. IF for some reason Bears win this game you salvaged your original bet.

Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck

CHUBNUT

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    I would take the +3.5 in a heart beat. You have the opportunity to cash both plays. IF for some reason Bears win this game you salvaged your original bet.

Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck

Thank You pimike but I'm pretty sure its what they call a negative value play. Thats why I'm asking the Pro's on here but they seem to be busy as always between 9and 5

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Maybe they have day jobs

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Well you did address your question specifically to Durito.

In taking Chicago +3.5 you would essentially have a 3 point middle which based on current odds is correctly priced based on new overtime rules.

You are in a very nice position no matter what so it really is a question of whether you want to lock in your profit with the ML or be cheering for a 3 point middle which has about a 13% chance of hitting.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by CHUBNUT View Post
    Its strange how you get very few replies from all the pro bettors on here between 9am and 5pm maybe they have a power nap to replenish their data bases
    You make a post with a completely non-descriptive subject line addressed at one person and are shocked that you haven't gotten a reply within 55 minutes. Not to mention your question is easily answered by a simple trip to SBR tools but you're too lazy to do that and would rather post a public message directed at one person. Since you like these smilies so much, here's the world's smallest violin since nobody answered your question.

Perhaps the stupidest part about your post is that if you knew anything about typical internet usage patterns you'd know that people goof off on the internet at work as much as at home, which is why internet usage tends to be way down on Saturday and Sunday as opposed to weekdays. So your absurd implication that "the pro's (sic)" would have more time to answer your question if they didn't need to have day jobs is backwards.
    Last edited by skrtelfan; 01-19-11 at 10:58 PM.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Why would you hedge a -190 you have at +600?

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

He'd hedge because he hates variance.

CHUBNUT

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    You make a post with a completely non-descriptive subject line addressed at one person and are shocked that you haven't gotten a reply within 55 minutes. Not to mention your question is easily answered by a simple trip to SBR tools but you're too lazy to do that and would rather post a public message directed at one person. Since you like these smilies so much, here's the world's smallest violin since nobody answered your question.

Perhaps the stupidest part about your post is that if you knew anything about typical internet usage patterns you'd know that people goof off on the internet at work as much as at home, which is why internet usage tends to be way down on Saturday and Sunday as opposed to weekdays. So your absurd implication that "the pro's (sic)" would have more time to answer your question if they didn't need to have day jobs is backwards.
    calm down skrtel. its only a sports foum.

Bean
    Bean's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
    Maybe they have day jobs
    What is this "day job" you speak of?

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

It is a job (in the sense of activity done in return for money) that happens during the day (generally about 9am to 5pm)

People who enjoy the occasional company of others and or have a commercially valuable non-sportsbetting skill they enjoy utilising participate in this activity. Therefore their opinions are worthless as only PROS who know when a game is a five hundred unit super locky doodle game of the month on which the line doesn't matter should reply to such complicated and important subjects like how to hedge a futures bet.