Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

When should you withdrawl?

This is a question I have been wondering for awhile now..My ultimate goal is to keep building a roll and get to a very large amount but I also understand the risks of not taking out anything. Should I just set a number and withdrawl anything over that total? should I take out a percentage each month? What are ways that you guys handle this? Thanks!

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

depends on how dependable the book is. Money not working for you is not working for you, but money that will be lost will stop working for you. So on and so forth.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    This is a question I have been wondering for awhile now..My ultimate goal is to keep building a roll and get to a very large amount but I also understand the risks of not taking out anything. Should I just set a number and withdrawl anything over that total? should I take out a percentage each month? What are ways that you guys handle this? Thanks!
    For me I used to set a goal then my plan was to a split. A certain % to me and the rest left to rebuilt to a new higher goal then do another split. The plan for me was to do that till I got to the point where I was at the upper limit of what I wanted to keep in there and would then just take of the top every so often.

James

xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3251

While (there is a book that would take my action and offer me a bonus)
    Withdraw whenever you can, deposit at another place for a sign up or reload bonus
    Last edited by xyz; 01-12-11 at 01:39 AM.

Toples
    Toples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 964

dont put all your eggs............you know already
    it also helps to have multiple bookies, scratching half a point more from time to time, making a unit or two more every month

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

I only withdraw when I'm moving money from 1 book to another. I think I never made a real withdraw last year. But also I've never made a real deposit in 2010.

Depositing by moving money from book to book doesn't count.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

have a set goal in your mind, eg. +$500, +$1000, +$10,000 from your original balance. Whenever you reach that goal withdraw your money and reach that goal again, rinse and repeat. Just remember it all adds up.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

id sugest taking it out as often as you are alowed to for free many books alow one free withdraw a month take out all that you are not using keeps the risk low and if you need to reload there are ushaly bonuses to take advantage of for doing so seams to me the best way to go.

Mr. Peepers

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    have a set goal in your mind, eg. +$500, +$1000, +$10,000 from your original balance. Whenever you reach that goal withdraw your money and reach that goal again, rinse and repeat. Just remember it all adds up.

I understand what you are saying here but by making a withdrawl of that size I am guessing you mean a good % of your BR. I don't want to take out too much because that would destroy what i worked hard for and opportunities to make more money in the future.

donatello167
    donatello167's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Let's assume (for better understanding) that you started with a bankroll of 2000$ that you want to extend.

You set your goal to a certain amount, let's say that in 3 months you would want to raise your bankroll to 3000$. You play, follow the rules, have a good model and a bit of luck (we can all use luck) and after 3 months your bankroll actually rises to 3762$. Reward yourself for good playing, take out 762$ and get yourself something. Leave 3000$ in and set yourself a goal to come to 4000$ in next 3 months. Repeat the process.

Put in whichever figures you want but I'm sure you know what I am talking about. You have a trick and a treat. You need both. Make both the way I described to keep you happy with the little things AND to see your bankroll grow.

The thing that kills us players most is greed. Rather go slower instead of being greedy. Remember, this is also the essence of playing half Kelly / full Kelly.Until you are absolutely certain about estimating your edge, it is better to go with half Kelly (=less greed) and have much lower risk of getting bankrupt.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

I dont withdraw often because I have a dream of turning my bankroll into 5digits, when I withdraw normaly is no more of 10%(normaly is because I want to buy a new high tech toy)
    As a precaution I divided my bankroll in multiple bookies(also very good for shopping for prices) normaly I am ok with having 20% of BR in any book, A+ books I dont mind having up 40%

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Once a month....Only about 20%.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like to wait til the last possible second, but that is just me!

Mr. Peepers

Quote Originally Posted by donatello167 View Post
    Let's assume (for better understanding) that you started with a bankroll of 2000$ that you want to extend.

You set your goal to a certain amount, let's say that in 3 months you would want to raise your bankroll to 3000$. You play, follow the rules, have a good model and a bit of luck (we can all use luck) and after 3 months your bankroll actually rises to 3762$. Reward yourself for good playing, take out 762$ and get yourself something. Leave 3000$ in and set yourself a goal to come to 4000$ in next 3 months. Repeat the process.

Put in whichever figures you want but I'm sure you know what I am talking about. You have a trick and a treat. You need both. Make both the way I described to keep you happy with the little things AND to see your bankroll grow.

The thing that kills us players most is greed. Rather go slower instead of being greedy. Remember, this is also the essence of playing half Kelly / full Kelly.Until you are absolutely certain about estimating your edge, it is better to go with half Kelly (=less greed) and have much lower risk of getting bankrupt.

Thank you! That helped alot and answered many questions!

playr101
    playr101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1511

if I would ever win, I would be able to withdraw...

-playr101

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

What's your next thread....When should I deposit? A possible response to that one:

Do so when your account is near or at zero and you seriously think you can win next time.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

This man is a true high stakes gambler

medjimurec
    medjimurec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

true hero!

was he talking about gambling? or is it a gamble the coincidences of the act he proposed?

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

.... before you go on a big losing streak