gator101
    gator101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2074

Has anyone tried Stat Attack?

And if you could explain if you like it or hate it. Was it helpful or was it to hard to use. Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gator101

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

"We strive to offer only top notch, user friendly programs"

That website is far from user friendly.

gator101

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    "We strive to offer only top notch, user friendly programs"

That website is far from user friendly.
    Thank you very much Grind, thanks for your advice!

josie88
    josie88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2188

Ugh. Tried one of the demos. Couldn't believe how poor these apps are - written in filemaker and they look it. There's nothing they offer that can't be had for free at sportsdatabase.

wageringCFB
    wageringCFB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really? I can save my searches. I can search by weather. Nothing from that website you threw up.
    And I am curious what is the problem with the website, since I have to go there to get this weeks stats. I find no problem.

gator101

Stat attack and winpicks

Has anyone tried either of the above and if so, have you had any success using one? If so please tell me one one worked the best for you and what one you would suggest. Thanks

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Winpiccks NFL is a cheap way to get an extensive database with lots of stats for each game. Other than that, best used for research only rather than a capping tool.

Thunders77
    Thunders77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winpicks has an extensive database for each sport,but I don't like the setup.
    It seems impossible to search for individual trends? Please correct me here if wrong?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Thunders77 View Post
    Winpicks has an extensive database for each sport,but I don't like the setup.
    It seems impossible to search for individual trends? Please correct me here if wrong?
    NFL is the only one that includes stats for each game though. the other sports are mostly crap.

LT Profits

What type of trends are you looking for? You can get a lot of stuff under the Trends tab.

gator101

Thanks guys for all your input, was really looking at stat attack for cbb since there is so many games that are played with so many different conference's. It can be so hard to get a good read on some of the no name college basketball teams. Was just going to use the trends to get a little bit better hand on trying to cap a game. Thanks again very much appreciated!!

Thunders77

I'm talking about applying Situational Systems that have a High Percentage of Success Lately?

LT Profits

I'm talking about applying Situational Systems that have a High Percentage of Success Lately?
    You mean like in "Situational Analysis" under Trends?

Thunders77

Sorry I mean going thru the Team History function to create Situations on your own.
    I find it frustrating or limiting in this regard.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Why is this stuff not available for MACs?

I only want extensive college basketball info, does anyone know of any? Have not looked into stat attack.

Formulawiz
    Formulawiz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gator101 View Post
    Has anyone tried either of the above and if so, have you had any success using one? If so please tell me one one worked the best for you and what one you would suggest. Thanks

Winpicks is the worst program I have ever used. I tried it many years ago and used it for a few years. I found if you went with the picks it generated it would put you in the poor house. They tried to copy sportrends software by incorporating a formula system where you create formulas and test them but it failed miserably. The math it produces is incorrect. If you want a comprehensive software package that does the job you need to look at sportrends software. By the way if your looking for situational and trend analysis sportrends software is right on. These functions are available in their football packages
    Last edited by Formulawiz; 12-02-11 at 06:55 AM.