dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Betting on the off numbers?

Sites like bodog and SIA usually inflate the dogs in many games. Many times you can make scalps with these books with Matchbook such as Bodog +6.5 (-105) and betting on matchbook the favorite -6.5 (+110) etc for a scalp.

However, i saw someone mention that if you see these lines on bodog or SIA offers .... you should just bet the max on it and forget about scalping. Someone told me that these are off numbers and if you bet every single "off" number, it would be profitable in the long term. Other examples are say if you can get an NBA team +7.5 in all books for -110 but you can get them at +8 (-110) at Bodog or SIA...you should just bet them automatically because it is profitable long term.

My question is, is it always true that if you bet off numbers whether its only 0.5 points better, then you will win long term? Someone tells me that if you do this 100 times, there will be a couple of times that the 0.5, 1 , etc points WILL MATTER which is true though its a very small percentage but every single percent counts.

The same with betting on dogs such as +8 (-110) whereas you can get -8 (+115) on matchbook. Should you always pound the + 8 (-110) automatically when you see a scalp opportunity such as this? Would this be considered an off number as well even though the line is the same but of course the line is different?

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Betting on the off numbers?

Sites like bodog and SIA usually inflate the dogs in many games. Many times you can make scalps with these books with Matchbook such as Bodog +6.5 (-105) and betting on matchbook the favorite -6.5 (+110) etc for a scalp.

However, i saw someone mention that if you see these lines on bodog or SIA offers .... you should just bet the max on it and forget about scalping. Someone told me that these are off numbers and if you bet every single "off" number, it would be profitable in the long term. Other examples are say if you can get an NBA team +7.5 in all books for -110 but you can get them at +8 (-110) at Bodog or SIA...you should just bet them automatically because it is profitable long term.

My question is, is it always true that if you bet off numbers whether its only 0.5 points better, then you will win long term? Someone tells me that if you do this 100 times, there will be a couple of times that the 0.5, 1 , etc points WILL MATTER which is true though its a very small percentage but every single percent counts.

The same with betting on dogs such as +8 (-110) whereas you can get -8 (+115) on matchbook. Should you always pound the + 8 (-110) automatically when you see a scalp opportunity such as this? Would this be considered an off number as well even though the line is the same but of course the line is different?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yes, betting off lines is profitable in the long run. Bodog and SIA may boot and/or limit sharps/"professionals".

Yes.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Sites like bodog and SIA usually inflate the dogs in many games. Many times you can make scalps with these books with Matchbook such as Bodog +6.5 (-105) and betting on matchbook the favorite -6.5 (+110) etc for a scalp. However, i saw someone mention that if you see these lines on bodog or SIA offers .... you should just bet the max on it and forget about scalping. Someone told me that these are off numbers and if you bet every single "off" number, it would be profitable in the long term. Other examples are say if you can get an NBA team +7.5 in all books for -110 but you can get them at +8 (-110) at Bodog or SIA...you should just bet them automatically because it is profitable long term. My question is, is it always true that if you bet off numbers whether its only 0.5 points better, then you will win long term? Someone tells me that if you do this 100 times, there will be a couple of times that the 0.5, 1 , etc points WILL MATTER which is true though its a very small percentage but every single percent counts. The same with betting on dogs such as +8 (-110) whereas you can get -8 (+115) on matchbook. Should you always pound the + 8 (-110) automatically when you see a scalp opportunity such as this? Would this be considered an off number as well even though the line is the same but of course the line is different?
    There is a reason that line is available. That reason is what negates whatever advantage you are getting.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

If +7.5 -110 is the market line for an NBA does this mean that +8 -110 is profitable?

Using SBR half point calc -110 +8 is the same as +7.5 -100.7. Since you win 50% of the time (if you're literally just betting because it's a bad line), it looks like you're a small loser doing this specific bet.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by That Foreign Guy View Post
    If +7.5 -110 is the market line for an NBA does this mean that +8 -110 is profitable?

Using SBR half point calc -110 +8 is the same as +7.5 -100.7. Since you win 50% of the time (if you're literally just betting because it's a bad line), it looks like you're a small loser doing this specific bet.
    You're on the right track: the half-point calc is telling you this is just a slightly off line, not a bad (or rogue line). Looking at SBRodds SIA seems to hang MUCH more profitable lines than the example you have presented.

For example yesterday's Pats/Lions game the market finished at -6/+6 (with Pinny closing at -102/-107) while SIA was hanging +7.5 @ -110. Though the bet lost, lines like this should be very profitable in the long term.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Thanks - I was just going with the original example, I mostly play soccer money lines so valuing specific points for other sports is pretty new to me, wasn't sure I'd done it correctly.