Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR Half Point Calculator - What Years Covered?

I use the SBR Half Point Calculator often when evaluating line moves and half point value. I am familiar with the underlying method of using push charts for spreads and total.

I am curious what years of data these push charts cover for each of the league. Are they up-to-date through 2010? What is the cutoff for start of data (2005??) Also is there any windowing used?

Are the push charts still available in raw form? I remember back in the day they were a sticky.

The tool is enormously helpful, but I just caught myself questioning one of the percentages. (NCAABK 4 4.16%)

Thanks

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Pretty sure they haven't been updated since 2008. Maybe earlier.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

I also use it a lot. However, I find some problems...

There are some weird push% at the limits (last numbers that offers a push%). For example, the NFL total 30 pushes 7.2%, a NCAAF 33 pushes 4.6%, the 69 pushes 4.42%

I also find some other numbers hard to believe. The total 59 in NCAAF is a key number, but 4.8% push rate seems too high.

So, I guess the database is not large enough, and has not been updated in a while. Is there a better database available in the web?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

There was a post where the seasons included for each sport was given, I can't seem to find it now

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I also use it a lot. However, I find some problems...

There are some weird push% at the limits (last numbers that offers a push%). For example, the NFL total 30 pushes 7.2%, a NCAAF 33 pushes 4.6%, the 69 pushes 4.42%

I also find some other numbers hard to believe. The total 59 in NCAAF is a key number, but 4.8% push rate seems too high.

So, I guess the database is not large enough, and has not been updated in a while. Is there a better database available in the web?
    A total of 30 in the NFL is a rare occurrence meaning the results in the HPC came from a much smaller sample size than the other totals that you see, this is why 30 is the last total on the list.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

A total of 30 in the NFL is a rare occurrence meaning the results in the HPC came from a much smaller sample size than the other totals that you see, this is why 30 is the last total on the list.
    Of course, the limits are set to numbers with enough sample sizes. In fact, I do not remember any NFL total line set below 32. In the other hand, most weeks I see NFL lines over 50, and NCAAF games in the 70s, and they are out of bounds.

Still, I find puzzling such high push rates on the limits. 4.42% at NCAAF total 69? Most totals push about 2%, the key numbers are barely over 3%; such high number should push far less often. And the 59 total pushes 4.8%? It does not pass the sniff test.