Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by That Foreign Guy View Post
    Possibly, although it makes sense - lower edge plays the book and I are both about right, medium edge plays I have an edge, large edge plays there is something I missed.
    This makes sense only if you usually can identify that 800lb gorilla that you missed. If you cannot, and the number of high edge plays is small then most likely it is just noise. However, there is a possibility that the model is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by That Foreign Guy View Post
    Now it's possible that I occasionally find a gem, but the closing lines weren't backing that up (line didn't close better for the big edge plays).
    Not better comparing to the numbers you have taken or comparing to the line moves on your smaller edge plays?

phillybul
    phillybul's Avatar Become A Pro!

research
    Last edited by phillybul; 12-02-10 at 11:59 AM.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    I would suggest rethinking this because it sounds very similar to Bill the Cop's approach to teasers selection.

phillybul
    phillybul's Avatar Become A Pro!

greed definetly shouldn't be your driving force, I've blown plenty of money trying to place every damn bet in a day with no science behind it lol. I've tooken everybodies advice but what i can say has had my profits up in the lasr two months is this method my coworker put me on to, To check them out see here

TakeIt
    TakeIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25415

i go 3-5 every day. what should i do?

Tuna Fish Riot
    Hot dog nipples.
    Tuna Fish Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Follow a few good cappers on SBR. Don't bet their plays though. Just wait til they lose 2 consecutive plays and then go all in on their 3rd play. I've been quadzupling my bankroll this way.

If you want to play it safer, you can wait til they lose 3 consecutive plays and then go all-in on their next play. It just means you'll be betting less throughout the week.

If you cap your own games, then use the same strategy.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna Fish Riot View Post
    Follow a few good cappers on SBR. Don't bet their plays though. Just wait til they lose 2 consecutive plays and then go all in on their 3rd play. I've been quadzupling my bankroll this way.

If you want to play it safer, you can wait til they lose 3 consecutive plays and then go all-in on their next play. It just means you'll be betting less throughout the week.

If you cap your own games, then use the same strategy.

Voo-doo statistical statements like this sometimes make me think we should have a vetted process for thread replies in the Tank.

Whatever would make you think that every 3rd or 4th element in a series has more statistical relevance than the 1st, 2nd, or 5th or 7th? "Magic" 3s and 4s?

I suppose you also think that after observing 5 tails in a row, the 6th coin being a head is nearing a 70%+ chance of happening? Oops sorry, I forgot: Magic 3s and 4s say that after 3 or 4 tails, a head should now appear.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

"Third times a charm" method.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Quote Originally Posted by TakeIt View Post
    Make sure you're only betting moneylines of +300 or more.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by TakeIt View Post
    If this is the case, don't bet money. Seriously.

Save up your betpoints and bet the SBR book until you can see positive results.

Or, realize that your bankroll is "for fun" and use the century method (essentially 1/100 of your BR per bet) to make your BR last approximately 150-190 bets which can cover a season.

First 12