Foals
    Foals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

NBA Numbers Help

Can anybody give me the win % of all the dogs in the 2009-2010 NBA season if we were to add +2.5 points to the spread?

dvsbmx
    dvsbmx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 966

Go here

And use this query: season=2009 and D and line<=2.5

The results for spreads less than or equal to 2.5 are 117-132-4 ATS and with spreads equal to 2.5 the results are 31-31-0 ATS. I'm not sure of the accuracy of this database however it seems to bee a good reference.

cherrytops
    cherrytops's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think the dogs have had a good start to the nba season that is for sure

Foals
    Foals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Quote Originally Posted by dvsbmx View Post
    Go here

And use this query: season=2009 and D and line<=2.5

The results for spreads less than or equal to 2.5 are 117-132-4 ATS and with spreads equal to 2.5 the results are 31-31-0 ATS. I'm not sure of the accuracy of this database however it seems to bee a good reference.
    I meant if we were to add 2.5 points to every dog. For example if Houston were +5.5, we would add 2.5 to the spread which would make Houston +8. Thanks for your help though, I will check out this site for future reference

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me take 20 minutes of my time to dig into my database, which took many hours of hard work to construct, and get you the answer to this question so that you do not have to put any effort into this. Do not worry I love doing others work for them.

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

sharpcat, it should not be taking more than 2 minutes. The more important point is that it would not worth any effort to post an utterly meaningless number like this.

uva3021
    uva3021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

access to information breeds a bitterness in negotiation

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    sharpcat, it should not be taking more than 2 minutes. The more important point is that it would not worth any effort to post an utterly meaningless number like this.
    Just being a little sarcastic here Data.

I am only trying to encourage that the OP go and learn how to catch his own fish.

I have compiled databases manually with the limited knowledge that I have and although it is time consuming it is not very difficult. I have been educating myself on programming with perl so I can hopefully one day be able to program a scrapper to automate my tasks.

As someone who works very hard to gather the data needed to answer these types of questions it bothers me to see somebody make zero effort and be rewarded with an answer.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

[quote=sharpcat;7266763I have been educating myself on programming with perl so I can hopefully one day be able to program a scrapper to automate my tasks.[/quote]
    If perl is your first language, I pity you. Beyond that, good for you for learning how to automate it yourself.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
    If perl is your first language, I pity you. Beyond that, good for you for learning how to automate it yourself.
    What language would you recommend instead?

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

java/c#

And dont listen to anyone who tells you otherwise