JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Player Props Question

In the Ohio St vs Wisconsin game on Saturday night I bet on Lance Kendricks to have Less than 48.5 Yards receiving on Bodog and I bet for him to have Less than 4.5 receptions on 5Dimes. He ended up having zero receptions and hence zero yards. Bodog honored the bet and paid me. However, 5Dimes said that Lance did not play so they canceled the bet. I did not see the game and I have no idea if he actually played or not. Does anyone know if he played? What's the best way to find out if a player played in a game if he doesn't accumulate any stats? Thanks for your help!

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

JohnGalt2341

Thanks! I went to the same site. I went on Live Chat with 5Dimes and eventually they honored my wager.

JohnGalt2341

Damnit! I just looked at my 5Dimes history and I found a couple more games that were Canceled where I bet the under on props and I have no idea if the players played or not because they had no stats. So, does anyone know where I can find out if a player played if he accumulated no stats? Any help is greatly appreciated!

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Damnit! I just looked at my 5Dimes history and I found a couple more games that were Canceled where I bet the under on props and I have no idea if the players played or not because they had no stats. So, does anyone know where I can find out if a player played if he accumulated no stats? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Yahoo sports/team/roster/player/game log

This will list "Did not play" if the player did not play in any of the games for each season.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

espn also should have it...

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NY Playa View Post
    espn also should have it...
    Yes exact same process for ESPN but I am officially boycotting their website due to how slowly it loads because they choose to flood their site with advertisements and heavy flash content.

Yahoo sports loads twice as fast and gives more detailed stats

Sportsfan800
    Sportsfan800's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I have a question about pricing props. I want to find the average result for the following prop. Will Reggie Wayne score a TD? How far back should I go for my average result calculation? Should I use the stats from this year only? Should I use the stats from last year and this year? Should I use stats from his last 50 games? I'm unsure about which stats to use.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Yes exact same process for ESPN but I am officially boycotting their website due to how slowly it loads because they choose to flood their site with advertisements and heavy flash content.

Yahoo sports loads twice as fast and gives more detailed stats
    ESPN is on my shit list for how terrible their site is for scraping. Try looking at the source code sometime, it's a miracle it even loads.