luegofuego
    luegofuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

another thread looking for historical lines (soccer)

This has probably been covered and I apologize in advance - all the threads that I found was regarding american sports.

I have a great site for historical stats (footballdata.co.uk), it has lines on pretty much every european game played this millenium, but for some reason they don't cover the important ones - the asians, pinny and BetFair.

The other one I have looked at is oddsportal.com, which is pretty useful but I'd have to scrape it and it only goes back to 2008 anyway. Betexplorer.com seems like a really good option, but it seems to frequently miss bookies and markets seemingly at random (for example, it just eschews Pinnacles 1x2 odds from Serie A and stuff sometimes, even though they were clearly spreading the game).

Pay services are okay too if there are any really good ones.

Many thanks in advance.

Ancag
    Ancag's Avatar Become A Pro!

u sure the link is correct, footballdata.co.uk?

dmolition
    dmolition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Are pinny and Betfair the most efficient market for europe soccer?
    what about MLS?
    i also have the data but the lines are from William Hill, VC bet365, mostly british books, dunno how sharp are their lines to use in model building or capping.

luegofuego

those are pretty much the squarest of the square yeah. from my experience, it would seem that pinny is still the best for soccer, though some people disagree

MooDao
    MooDao's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tip-ex is good for recording odds and they got nice asian feed now. oddsminer (off-shott from tip-ex) has what you need but it will cost you and come in raw XML. Right now I'm trying to learn to use python with XML to nail this stuff, but it's all above my head right now.

luegofuego

sounds great, thanks a ton.