LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

100 betpoints for help with Excel

Ok guys I am working on an excel formula for football season and could use some help. I have attached the workbook and a pic so maybe you guys could give me a hand.

Lets take green bay for an example since they are in both screen shots.

I need to make a formula for column I (I will write sudo code for this)

Step #1 look at column C and see what G# it is. If it is G#1 then risk is B2 (100)
    if G# =2 then I need to find the value of column K from G#1 of that team. so for example if we were on Row 12 and see the following
    Week 4 Date 10-03-10 G# 2 Bet Team Green Bay HOME Vs Detroit
    it would see that it was game #2 and check game #1 for GREEN BAY. So it would see that in row 4 green bay was the BET Team and Lost.

so under column I on Row 12 the sudo code formula would be G#1 profit + B2 * Line to get risk.

I also need a piece of code that once a game is scored as a win it removes all other games scheduled in the future from the schedule.

so for example if on Row 12 Green Bay won the game and covered once I clicked the drop down win it would
    remove week 14's game from the schedule (You can see week 14's game from the 2nd pic).

If anyone could give me a hand on this I will throw you 100 betpoints?

Matt
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

splash
    splash's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are willing to insert a new column and hide it, I think this will work. Not 100% sure that this works though, you have to fill in some of the line and W/L data before it will show you. I am also not sure what order of operations you want to do for the "G#1 profit + B2 * Line to get risk" part so you can adjust that part of the equation.
    Attached Files

mihi4
    mihi4's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was totally confused no matter that i know Excel but i am surely ot good in sports formulas and that is why i cannot help u..

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Matt, I'll try to look at this in a few days. But for now, I admit I can't gear up for breaking down someone else's sheet when I'm spending too much time on my own, LOL.

If Splash got it for you, great, give him mad points.