Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Help From Pros With Line Services

I am looking to upgrade from sbrodds, looking for something with real time odds, lineup,steam, and injury pop-up alerts, etc.

The consensus I have gathered from reading this forum is that most of the top guys use sports options. I am doing their one week trial and it is pretty good, they have many books to choose from. I just have one huge problem with them which is they dont list the takeback on totals, so you will never know what the over is Matchbook if they list only the under at Sportsoptions.

For instance in the Angels/O's game right now it has Matchbook's total listed at 7.5U-43. So how the hell do I know what the over is. If a book has a 20 cent spread on totals I understand but obviously Matchbook can have a 1 cent spread, so you never really know. The same exact thing holds true for their football totals and more importantly their football sides. I called them and asked them why they dont just list it as sbrodds does so you can see both the over/under and favorite/dog since they are massively important if you arbing or middling and the guy on the phone told me he doesnt consider Matchbook to be a very important book and they dont have the software capability, huh? Why dont they just list it as sbrodds does. So frustrating.

Sports Insights is a joke in my opinion, they dont even list enough books, so who does everyone use. I honestly at this point think sbrodds is the best even on its delay.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Far from ideal, but in Sports Options you can right-click the line and choose 'Line History' and that will show you both prices.

Johnny 55

Thanks jgilmartin. I still cant understand why they dont list both prices, sbrodds does it the right way, easy to read. Now only if sbrodds had injury/lineup pop ups and key move alerts and had real time odds.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Sports Options is the way to go...the offer lines on vegas books too

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

The only problem with Sports Options is they have a 30 sec delay on Cris. Other than that it's pretty good.

Johnny 55

Just cant figure out why they dont list both prices in the same box and have separate viewing boxes for totals and sides, the way sbrodds does, it is perplexing, how could someone design a service and not include the other side takeback and just assume it is a 20 cent spread, makes absolutely no sense.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

ShowMeTheOdds also have a pretty good product that's worth considering if you're in the space between sbrodds and SO.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Donbest will give you the totals on both sides. Then do offer a lot of service and have a free trial. I used the free trial once, but I was working with the historical lines part of it. Anyway, you might want to try them. I currently just use sbrodds since I don't need all the bells and whistles of a full lines service.

BoL,

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The only problem with Sports Options is they have a 30 sec delay on Cris. Other than that it's pretty good.
    I think every line servive has a delay on CRIS except DonBest which is like 500 a month....i honestly dont even pay attention to which way the Cris line moves..

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

This DonBest seems interesting.

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

ShowMeTheOddsseems very good for a free site.

bauerranch
    bauerranch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1538

I used Donbest

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    I think every line servive has a delay on CRIS except DonBest which is like 500 a month....i honestly dont even pay attention to which way the Cris line moves..
    I just recently compared them to other lines services and they're behind with other books also. Up to 30 seconds behind.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sports Options has added the ability to show just totals or just sides now. Problem solved.