LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

beating live betting

hypothetically if:
    with a friend at the game on a cell phone
    you are betting on the overall result of a particular at bat ( Out or hit/walk/HBP) and you know that the first pitch will be a ball or a strike and can then place your wager, what advantage (even if very small) does this give the bettor?
    ENOUGH TO BEAT THE CRAZY JUICE ON LIVE BETTING?
    thanks

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well the 5 second delay between the game pitch and your t.v. getting reception of the pitch would not give you enough time to communicate with your friend, calculate your odds and get a wager in.

The reason nobody answered the thread yesterday about the exact same topic is because it is so obvious that you would have an advantage that it is not worth answering and more importantly it is not a realistic scenario and therefore really has no place in the think tank.

If you had a pitch by pitch database I am sure you would be able to derive numbers that would give you a very strong advantage.

I believe the answer to this question was already explored in Back II the Future when Marty McFly brought a sports almanac back in time and Biff became the richest man in the world after stealing it.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Bodog will cancel your winning wagers if you do this.

LegitBet
    steelers

i appreciate your thoughts..only a thought
    thanks
    Last edited by LegitBet; 08-03-10 at 03:52 PM. Reason: end topic

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

Funny that I actually answered your question and you still thought it was necessary to start another thread...

LegitBet
    steelers

hey BleedBlue,
    so sorry i didn't thank you in my previous thread...I thought i should articulate my question differently, as your info is great, and i was hoping for an answer to the confluence of your answer and the real world almost dollar juice on the live action.

many thanks buddy,
    i owe you one!