idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

nba totals plays

one of the things that i like to do in the NBA is a tandem play on the first half and second half totals. tonight i was pretty lucky , hitting 2 out of the 3 i played. using today's games as examples i had 6 bets:

utah first half under 103, game total over 202 1/2
    charlotte first half under 113 1/2, game total over 217
    portland first half under 103, game total over 201 1/2

sometimes i play the over under, for example a couple of days ago i had new jersey over 87 1'2 first half and under 191 1/2 for the game. i don't play these over unders as much because i have been crushed by teams going to overtime . (but the above game had such a huge spread-16 1/2- that i felt it was worth a try)

i call the spread on these plays the difference between the first half total doubled and the total for the game. accordingly, the utah game had a spread of 3 1/2, charlotte 10, and portland 4 1/2. i usually don't play lower spreads unless i'm bored or on a nice win streak or sense that it'll win anyhow.

when i had pinnacle account i could buy points pretty cheap and make my spreads larger, now i line shop with the few books i use.

sometimes, i will get lucky with a game going to overtime, as happened in the portland game tonight.

i like to watch games on tv or online, and with this type of play, i am kept pretty busy. if you are having trouble picking winners, or if you don't like any of the days action, you might see one of these tandem plays that you can try and give yourself something to watch.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

interesting. i am guessing you're 1-1 for most games?

if 1st half went over, do you take under 2nd half or just let it ride?

i suck at NBA, stopped pay attention to them long time ago. can't wait til MLB.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes most tandem plays go 1-1, but i end up with more double winners than double losers. i have found betting on totals in the nba is easier than the spreads. i never try to middle or cover at halftime, although i will sometimes bet a second half if i am watching the game on tv and i have a feel for the second half, but i don't relate it to the action i have already.