vd1000
    vd1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

sports monitors

are any of the bigger sports monitors legit? I would like to know what experience so of you have with sports monitors. Do these monitors actually monitor certain people or does any one know how it works? I have checked several sports monitors and it looks like every year there is a new person that does good. Can anybody let me know some experiences?

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

It's hard to say. They could very easily be 100% legit and they could very easily be 100% crooked. I guess the only way to know for sure is to track each player's picks every day and make sure nobody just jumps out of nowhere. But that wouldn't be much fun.

I use a smaller start-up monitor.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

RAS started at one, and Greg started his service on same, damned if I can remember what the name was. I'll dig it out and post next time. Seemed legitimate, I don't use such.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1545

I thought the "Sports Monitor" from Oklahoma was legit. They've been around since before the internet.

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

They all take money from cappers, no such thing as a legit monitoring service, it is all a circle jerk of douches trying to rob money from squares.

Grind-It-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post
    They all take money from cappers, no such thing as a legit monitoring service, it is all a circle jerk of douches trying to rob money from squares.
    Not all of them. http://www.myhandicapper.com/ and http://www.pickmonitor.com/ are both free as far as I know.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Geez, Johnny, then why don't more of the cappers do really well?

Why don't all of the cappers pay them off?

DS.

Wojo

I do think you are right with some, Johnny. When you see a ton of cappers doing really well, something isn't right.

I don't think you need a crooked monitor to rob money from squares. Just have a capper say it is a Game of the Year/Decade/Century, and the squares come running tossing money at any capper, no matter whether they are a scammer or not.

Why pay anyone bribe money when the public believes anything a tout says?

sd

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    Not all of them. http://www.myhandicapper.com/ and http://www.pickmonitor.com/ are both free as far as I know.

Just because they are free, can't they still accept bribes?

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1167

capperswatchdog.com has been around for a long time i believe they are legit ive been number #1 around there a few times, and no i havent bribed them.

Grind-It-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    Just because they are free, can't they still accept bribes?
    I suppose they could. I meant they weren't directly taking money from squares, but I guess bribery would be a round-a-bout way of doing it.

That being said, I know that the latter of those two lets you see the picks for free immediately after first pitch, tipoff, etc., so it would be hard to get away with bribery.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by vd1000 View Post
    are any of the bigger sports monitors legit? I would like to know what experience so of you have with sports monitors. Do these monitors actually monitor certain people or does any one know how it works? I have checked several sports monitors and it looks like every year there is a new person that does good. Can anybody let me know some experiences?
    In the long run a tout service is not going to make you independently wealthy via sports betting. I know it is a powerful urge to see those seemingly winning picks day after day and think you could jump in a get some money in your pocket. However, nearly every single tout is just there to call you a sucker. Now, if you must, just absolutely have to use a tout then only go with one that posts his/her picks right after the game starts and only those that have a history via a public forum somewhere. Those are the safest ways to insure some margin of success, if you happen to catch them on an up-swing. I would suggest however, you just head over to the Service Plays section of the SBR forums, as many of the touts picks are found there and they are free to use.

Best of Luck,

Thomas_Garber
    Thomas_Garber's Avatar Become A Pro!

most of them are cheats. they maybe free for the visitors but you cannot trust their monitoring because they take money from touts to rank them well. read this below article, a tout itself is telling his experience.

Sports Monitors and Documented Picks
    http://www.bettingresource.com/sports-monitors.html

One of the frequent inquiries from bettors before they join our services if our picks are monitored or documented by a third party. We are amazed by the amount of trust these bettors put on these so called monitoring sites. We can assure you that pretty much every monitoring service out there are scam or dishonest.

When we first started our service we submitted all our picks to a well known and supposedly reputable sports handicapper monitoring site which we will not name here due to legal complications. After six months of submitting our picks (little over 500 picks and profit with a roi of around 13%) to this monitoring site we got a little suspicious because of the the new cappers appearing out of no where each month in the top 5 standings. Soon our suspicion was confirmed when we received an email from an agent from this monitor offering a spot in the top 3 standings for monthly fee! As a result of that email we cut all ties with that monitor and decided not to deal with any sports monitoring sites because that monitor we used is considered honest/legit in the industry even today. If the best industry has a corrupted scheme, imagine what the rest would be like!

Following that incident, we did a thorough research and learned that pretty much every sports monitor out there is dishonest or scam. Our advice to bettors is that they monitor a handicapper on their own before making a long term commitment. The two most common scheme with sports monitoring sites are: 1. A tout with multiple services under his belt would run a monitoring site that actually monitors many handicappers but he would list his services in the top with fake results. 2. An actual sports monitoring site that monitors many handicappers but they take bribes from scamdicappers to pad the results.

After our incident with the sports monitor we do not use any third party monitors. Our picks and results are constantly monitored by our results. We accurately update the results at the end of every week. If we are to cheat our clients wouldn't stay. We are the only service that has detailed archives (results with every pick from every week since the start of our service) of all our past picks.

Grind-It-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Garber View Post
    most of them are cheats. they maybe free for the visitors but you cannot trust their monitoring because they take money from touts to rank them well. read this below article, a tout itself is telling his experience.

Sports Monitors and Documented Picks
    http://www.bettingresource.com/sports-monitors.html

One of the frequent inquiries from bettors before they join our services if our picks are monitored or documented by a third party. We are amazed by the amount of trust these bettors put on these so called monitoring sites. We can assure you that pretty much every monitoring service out there are scam or dishonest.

When we first started our service we submitted all our picks to a well known and supposedly reputable sports handicapper monitoring site which we will not name here due to legal complications. After six months of submitting our picks (little over 500 picks and profit with a roi of around 13%) to this monitoring site we got a little suspicious because of the the new cappers appearing out of no where each month in the top 5 standings. Soon our suspicion was confirmed when we received an email from an agent from this monitor offering a spot in the top 3 standings for monthly fee! As a result of that email we cut all ties with that monitor and decided not to deal with any sports monitoring sites because that monitor we used is considered honest/legit in the industry even today. If the best industry has a corrupted scheme, imagine what the rest would be like!

Following that incident, we did a thorough research and learned that pretty much every sports monitor out there is dishonest or scam. Our advice to bettors is that they monitor a handicapper on their own before making a long term commitment. The two most common scheme with sports monitoring sites are: 1. A tout with multiple services under his belt would run a monitoring site that actually monitors many handicappers but he would list his services in the top with fake results. 2. An actual sports monitoring site that monitors many handicappers but they take bribes from scamdicappers to pad the results.

After our incident with the sports monitor we do not use any third party monitors. Our picks and results are constantly monitored by our results. We accurately update the results at the end of every week. If we are to cheat our clients wouldn't stay. We are the only service that has detailed archives (results with every pick from every week since the start of our service) of all our past picks.
    They don't use third party monitoring services? That's interesting, because this link begs to differ. Maybe they just stopped using all services because they weren't doing well?

http://www.pickmonitor.com/profile.php?id=98

Edward-RAS
    Edward-RAS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2869

I have used a lot of monitors, and pretty much all of them have inherent issues.

Here are some that I have experienced:

Stale or inaccurate lines (makes it easy to chase steam at good numbers to inflate record)
    Lines not available on every game (especially for CBB early season tournaments, etc)
    Faulty unit rating systems (5 units on every play leads to unrealistic inflation of earnings and losses)
    Correllated bets allowed (play on side and ML results in 2-0 record)
    Limited number of plays per day (can be an issue on big CBB cards when playing sides & totals)
    Focus given to short term records (long term records difficult to find or not accessible)

We now have a system in place on our website where every released pick is automatically displayed 8 minutes after the start of each game. This seems to be the most effective method of keeping our records fully transparent.

The bottom line right now is that very few of the top handicapping names out there actually want to be monitored. There are so few who actually win, and the ones who do win generally clock in at 53-55% long term. Because the general public has unrealistic expectations, most services do not believe they can successfully market those types of win rates. That is one of many problems in the industry.

Edward

Grind-It-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Edward-RAS View Post
    Correllated bets allowed (play on side and ML results in 2-0 record)
    Very good point. I guess that's the only issue I really have (and I never even thought of it).

Thomas_Garber

Quote Originally Posted by Edward-RAS View Post
    There are so few who actually win, and the ones who do win generally clock in at 53-55% long term. Because the general public has unrealistic expectations, most services do not believe they can successfully market those types of win rates. That is one of many problems in the industry.
    Edward

Very true.

Thomas_Garber

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    They don't use third party monitoring services? That's interesting, because this link begs to differ. Maybe they just stopped using all services because they weren't doing well?

http://www.pickmonitor.com/profile.php?id=98
    That is probably not even bettingresource. Scammers often attach bettingresource's name to sell picks.

That link you posted is not a true monitor. They sell capper tips. Bettingresource doesn't allow anyone to resell their picks.

I have been using bettingresource picks and they are profitable. If you really like grinding it out as your user name states I highly recommend that you read the articles at the articles section of bettingresource.

Grind-It-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Garber View Post
    That link you posted is not a true monitor. They sell capper tips.
    Yes and no. I sell my picks on there (that is, they are offered for sale, I'm not good enough at the moment ). They just take a percentage of it.