the shadow
    the shadow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6418

What is long term?

Accordiing to kelly, you will double your bankroll every 3590 plays if you have a 2% advantage. (Is this true?)

So if you play 1000 games a year you get a paycheck every 3 1/2 years (maybe)

I guess this is a standard deviation question.

How many games does it take with a 2% advantage before you know you got'em by the balls? If ever!!

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by the shadow View Post
    Accordiing to kelly, you will double your bankroll every 3590 plays if you have a 2% advantage. (Is this true?)

So if you play 1000 games a year you get a paycheck every 3 1/2 years (maybe)

I guess this is a standard deviation question.

How many games does it take with a 2% advantage before you know you got'em by the balls? If ever!!
    Just thinking about it, I would say it is False.

Even if you just flat bet, with a 2% advantage, you would get back more or less $102 dollars for every hundred bets, showing an average profit of more or less $2. So your starting bankroll should double in fifty bets, not in "3590 bets." Where did you get that number from?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    Just thinking about it, I would say it is False.

Even if you just flat bet, with a 2% advantage, you would get back more or less $102 dollars for every hundred bets, showing an average profit of more or less $2. So your starting bankroll should double in fifty bets, not in "3590 bets." Where did you get that number from?
    no it will take 50 bets to make a unit, but if that is only like 1-2% of your bankroll it will take thousands of bets to double

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Betting 2% edges vs. -110 lines, it would take 1576 bets to double up.