PROfitableEnergy
    How you feeling? God Like.
    PROfitableEnergy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can Sharp Sports Betting book be applied to MMA?

Will this book help a beginner square with not much knowledge of capping be good at betting MMA? Or is it strictly NFL, and other sports like NBA, and MLB, team sports, etc?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

There is some general theory, but nothing specific to boxing/MMA.

PROfitableEnergy

Will this theory in the book, equipped with a very well knowledged MMA fan be enough to be profitable?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

For you no.

Poogs
    Poogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1346

Yes. Bet all of your money on the next ufc fights. Ill book your action.

GRUMPERZ
    GRUMPERZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

I'm sure you're very knowledgeable at MMA.

PROfitableEnergy

So funny how there's no mod on this forum to prevent flaming, pretty damn embarrassing. I'd be ****ing embarrassed with some of the useless people posting on here if this was my forum. A real shame that somebody can't come on here and ask for some help and information without getting flamed. I'd be absolutely ashamed to be known as the mod of the forum while it's visibly obvious to all you're doing nothing to prevent flaming and bashing, when a 10k post member is bashing an obvious square looking to become a part of the community and gain knowledge. Straight out embarrassing for the SBR name or anyone associated with this place.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you're noobie square, sharp sportsbetting will help you no matter what your primary concentration is. but is the book going to help you find advantageous mma props? no likely not.

you're actually better off w/ king yao's book as he has a section on converting ml mv into tournament winner props, which can be applied toward mma assuming your br is still relatively small.

but again, don't expect to become a mma sharp overnight no matter which books you order, it's a small market and you're better off observing the market to understand its intricacies if you want to conquer mma alone.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Quote Originally Posted by PROfitableEnergy View Post
    So funny how there's no mod on this forum to prevent flaming, pretty damn embarrassing. I'd be ****ing embarrassed with some of the useless people posting on here if this was my forum. A real shame that somebody can't come on here and ask for some help and information without getting flamed. I'd be absolutely ashamed to be known as the mod of the forum while it's visibly obvious to all you're doing nothing to prevent flaming and bashing, when a 10k post member is bashing an obvious square looking to become a part of the community and gain knowledge. Straight out embarrassing for the SBR name or anyone associated with this place.
    Just about everyone in this thread has posted very valuable info in the past and you'd do better to read them.

Poogs
    Poogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1346

No ones helping you because you're rude ...
    Last edited by Justin7; 06-03-10 at 06:47 PM.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

fwiw, sharp sportsbetting isn't even that useful for major sports anymore (save for the teasers section) i always question why someone would boast about being a fan of sport which will easily translate into massive winnings on that sport, bucsfan claims he watches almost every mlb game, wonder how that worked for him..

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    Just about everyone in this thread has posted very valuable info in the past and you'd do better to read them.
    Agree with this...........instead of just posting a question, read through all of the posts in this forum and THINK about what could help you win at sports instead of just asking questions that will undoubtedly get flamed. There is great advice throughout this forum.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The book is about general sports betting theory, with illustrations leaning mostly towards NFL. It is widely considered one of the 'bibles' of sports betting. Obviously, it is not MMA-centric.

If you want a book about MMA betting you should write it. There is a great advantage to be gained from writing every one of your personal sports betting systems down as if it were a book, or chapter in a book. No need to publish it, of course.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

While Sharp Sports Betting is a decent book, that people consider it a "bible" says more about the paucity of decent sports betting books than it does about the quality of that book. Obviously it won't make you rich by itself because Wong started a tout service that put up a losing record over its 10 year history.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The chapter on poisson props alone is worth the price of admission.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    There is some general theory, but nothing specific to boxing/MMA.
    This may have been answered elsewhere recently, but any update on the release date of your book Justin? And will it be available in the SBR store?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    This may have been answered elsewhere recently, but any update on the release date of your book Justin? And will it be available in the SBR store?
    It is very nearly done. I'm working on the last chapter right now (NCAAF Yards per play model). Then about 2 weeks of editing, to the printer, and hopefully released around August 1st.
    Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave Justin7 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post

It is very nearly done. I'm working on the last chapter right now (NCAAF Yards per play model). Then about 2 weeks of editing, to the printer, and hopefully released around August 1st.
    Excellent. I'm excited to read it.