fletch49
    fletch49's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting MLB Totals

I have been wagering on MLB games for several years now but have never really paid any attention to MLB totals. Obviously the strategy is different from betting the ML or run lines, or is it?
    Anyone have some advice on how I can get started understanding the over/unders?

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by fletch49 View Post
    I have been wagering on MLB games for several years now but have never really paid any attention to MLB totals. Obviously the strategy is different from betting the ML or run lines, or is it?
    Anyone have some advice on how I can get started understanding the over/unders?
    My Free picks are all Over/Unders. I tried, but could never find enough of an edge or just didn't have the right programmable data to comb through. So, I just made a simple algorithm based on current stats and scores and started posting them as free plays.

I have won a couple of streak prizes, $25 and a cap. I have won a few points from the contests here at SBR and just today or rather tonight I will have come in 2nd gaining more points.

It is all based on scores. So, if there is an edge in over/unders I don't have the data to really back test it, so I have no idea if it will continue to do well or not; but for contests and being able to cheer both sides of a game, it works just fine and makes the games that much more fun.

Best of Luck,

slydogg
    slydogg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great Info gonna try bank some loot on this

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try betting the Prop on the total number of Runs + Hits + Errors instead. The result of a single game's total depends too much on what a batter does with runners in scoring position. I.e., there is lots of variance and is very unpredictable. Whereas the R+H+E grows slowly over time and doesn't depend on any single at-bat. It better rewards good handicapping.

ljump12
    ljump12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Seconded.