curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Historic pitching stats needed

Hello,
    I am testing a handicapping formula, seems to be working fairly well so far.

It is pretty simple.

Take the delta between the starting pitchers' ERA and divide by the lower of the 2 ERAs then multiply by 100 (to get a per centage).

Something like:
    diff%= ((Max(v era - h era)-Min(v era - h era))/Min(v era-h era))*100

Now convert the line to decimal odds for the team with the lower ERA starting pitcher

Now multiply the two numbers.

Take any team that the result is >=1.0.
    Today (Sun May 9) for example, the plays would be:
    colorado
    washington
    toronto
    cleveland

I would like to back test this and what I am trying to find is stats of the starting pitcher's ERAs as of the game day for all the games for the last three seasons. In other words the data would show the two teams for the game and give the starting ptichers with their ERA as of that day.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Curious,

I have pitching log files for the years you specified. The file is in comma delimited format. Each line represents the data for a pitcher in every game. You would need to write a program to generate the starting pitchers ERA prior to each game to do what you want, but that would not be difficult. PM me if you are interested.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    Curious,

I have pitching log files for the years you specified. The file is in comma delimited format. Each line represents the data for a pitcher in every game. You would need to write a program to generate the starting pitchers ERA prior to each game to do what you want, but that would not be difficult. PM me if you are interested.
    Hi,
    That sounds like it will work. My account is restricted, so I can't PM. My email address is i_bee_curious@yahoo.com

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

http://retrosheet.org/

era is worthless

ljump12
    ljump12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

I'll put it through my database for your all your points . I imagine it'll come out meh though...

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

era for the last 3 starts more relevant.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

waste of time