byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Limited funds problem

Lets say you have two different games on the same book and want to hit them both. Kelly says game A deserves 6 units @ -147 and game B 5 units @ -133. However you only have 8 units at that book. What would be the best way to bet these games?

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

betting arbs at the same book is a no-no if you plan on staying at said book.

Otherwise why not reduce it using ratios?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Find another book with the closest line average the 2 lines and split your bet.

You could always spread your bankroll better across your books, not sure what you mean by 1 unit but if 1 unit was 2% of your bankroll and you only have 8 units in this book, than you only have 16% of your bank roll in this book.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

You need to look at the prices you can play at other books. If you can hit A at -148 elsewhere, and B is -140, you need to load up on B at the first book, and fill out A elsewhere.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are both chalkie anyways.

I would just bet the 8 units on a two team parlay. WTF, either you have the book funded now or you need a reload. "No sense messing with Mr. Inbetween".

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Lets say you have two different games on the same book and want to hit them both. Kelly says game A deserves 6 units @ -147 and game B 5 units @ -133. However you only have 8 units at that book. What would be the best way to bet these games?
    By depositing funds.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

It was sort of more a question of is it more profitable to ratio the bets or bet 6 units on A and 2 on B. More of a theoretical problem than the painfully obvious "deposit more manies".

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

It was sort of more a question of is it more profitable to ratio the bets or bet 6 units on A and 2 on B. More of a theoretical problem than the painfully obvious "deposit more manies".
    Welcome to the Monkey Cage, formerly the Tank; Monkey's sarcastic, you-are-all-dumber-than-a-box-of-hammers (and if you didn't know it already, Monkey'll remind you), wonderland.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

I was being a bit facetious but if Kelly is telling you to bet a total of 13 units, that means that you should have an ample amount of your bankroll remaining somewhere. I'm not sure where you'd encounter this. However, if you did somehow come to that crossroads, you'd need to know your edges on each wager and then run an optimization.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Welcome to the Monkey Cage, formerly the Tank; Monkey's sarcastic, you-are-all-dumber-than-a-box-of-hammers (and if you didn't know it already, Monkey'll remind you), wonderland.
    A classic example of shoot the messenger. Don't be bitter just because I correct your inaccuracies. I actually think it's quite funny when people like you become sour over it when its glaringly obvious that I'm teaching you something. You should be thanking me, not crying like a school girl.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    I was being a bit facetious but if Kelly is telling you to bet a total of 13 units, that means that you should have an ample amount of your bankroll remaining somewhere. I'm not sure where you'd encounter this. However, if you did somehow come to that crossroads, you'd need to know your edges on each wager and then run an optimization.
    It's a fairly reasonable problem for an online bettor in the usa without access to fast deposit options.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Ahh, ok. I wasn't aware that there were issues with quick deposits. I thought it was limited to withdrawals.

Flying Dutchman
    Floggings continue until morale improves
    Flying Dutchman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    A classic example of shoot the messenger. Don't be bitter just because I correct your inaccuracies. I actually think it's quite funny when people like you become sour over it when its glaringly obvious that I'm teaching you something. You should be thanking me, not crying like a school girl.
    Monkey, you have it right. There are several of us that would like to shoot you.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    Monkey, you have it right. There are several of us that would like to shoot you.
    Fine with me. I can certainly stop contributing. But when Wrecktangle begins explaining the differences between a normal, a binomial, and a Poisson distribution, the advantages of programming ** sims in Python, and the effectiveness of CSV's, I hope you enjoy your ignorance. The last thing I want to do is help out a bunch of ungrateful idiots. Toodles.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't mind MF being an arrogant prick.

Why would I?

If what he says has value for me, great. If it doesn't, well that is OK too. Who cares about the attitude that comes with it? Not important, really. Better a nasty SOB with good advice than a Mr. Rodgers with bad advice.

I do not demand good bedside manner in my fellow think tankers.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    I don't mind MF being an arrogant prick.

Why would I?

If what he says has value for me, great. If it doesn't, well that is OK too. Who cares about the attitude that comes with it? Not important, really. Better a nasty SOB with good advice than a Mr. Rodgers with bad advice.

I do not demand good bedside manner in my fellow think tankers.
    Cosign this.....I couldn't agree more

thebayareabeast
    thebayareabeast's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed.