mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Optimal strategy for this situation?

There is a website out there (that I won't name here) that some may have heard of. It gives you a bankroll of $0.10 for free that you can bet with. If your bankroll reaches 0, they just chuck another $0.10 at you.

Obviously, this is a nominal amount of money, and it's unrealistic that you could make much money in a reasonable amount of time.

BUT...what would be the OPTIMAL strategy to employ with these constrictions:

1. Your starting bankroll is $0.10 (if balance reaches zero, it is automatically replenished to $0.10)
    2. The most you can win on any bet is $10.00
    3. Parlays of up to FOUR teams are eligible for a 25% payout bonus until $3.00 is reached.

Would it be optimal to just go for outrageous 4-team parlays (as long as payout is < $10.00) until one hits, and then switch to a normal strategy of correct unit sizes and full Kelly?

Any thoughts or comments welcome. This is purely to entertain the idea and to get the math juices flowing (for me)

sycoogtit
    play matchbook
    sycoogtit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why won't you name the site?

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

It's cent sports. I worked it up to like $120 going all in (with the $10 max) on a few plays in a row a few years ago. But it all started with that 5-teamer that got me from 10 cents to like $2. If you think getting a payout from Bet911 is a hassle, just wait until you work up a three figure balance there.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas

Quote Originally Posted by sycoogtit View Post
    Why won't you name the site?
    Just don't want to infringe on any of SBR's turf haha...I'll get Justin7 all in my grill.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTim View Post
    It's cent sports. I worked it up to like $120 going all in (with the $10 max) on a few plays in a row a few years ago. But it all started with that 5-teamer that got me from 10 cents to like $2. If you think getting a payout from Bet911 is a hassle, just wait until you work up a three figure balance there.
    Yeah, my buddies showed me it, and I'm on a mission now to show them up

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

why do you want optimal strategy for a max 10$ site, my opinion is a waste of time. but since is free money I would parlay it for fun.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

It's obviously a waste of time now, but back in high school it was fun.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTim View Post
    It's obviously a waste of time now, but back in high school it was fun.
    That's why I'm trying to turn it into strictly a math problem.

(It would be fun to have the owners of that site cringing with a balance of over a couple thousand though...even if that requires increasing your bankroll 10,000 fold.)

Seriously though. Any other thoughts? For example, would betting 4 BASEBALL dogs be better than say, 4 tennis dogs? I'm trying to look for parlays that have the highest winning percentages along with medicore, to good payouts.

Huskie
    Huskie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay the only way to go. Doesn't matter which teams you choose, they don't even have to be dogs, just as long as the net payout matches whatever their max payout is.