rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Keeping Track of Previous Odds

Is it better to use pinny's opening or closing line
    I would assume opening would be the logical answer but just want to make sure

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

so relating to my subset thread, if i wanted to group teams by ML between xxx and xxx would I use the opener or closing line thats more of that I was getting at , sorry for not being clear

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most would recommend using closing lines because pinnys 10 cent lines require them to constantly move their lines and keep them as accurate as possible and their limits are high and volume is high. This is why their lines are generally considered the true market value, by the time the market closes the lines have been fine tuned.

But I personally feel it is good to track both openers and closers.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Most would recommend using closing lines because pinnys 10 cent lines require them to constantly move their lines and keep them as accurate as possible and their limits are high and volume is high. This is why their lines are generally considered the true market value, by the time the market closes the lines have been fine tuned. But I personally feel it is good to track both openers and closers.

I will keep track of both, but for creating subsets I will use closers then.
    Any idea of where I can get previous soccer odds now, or I will keep my own database from now until whenever

ljump12
    ljump12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

It would really depend on how much you plan on wagering, and when you plan on doing it. If you plan on wagering the night before, I would get opening lines -- if you plan on wagering after the lineups are solidified right before game time, then probably closing lines. The closing lines are the most "accurate" because they represent an equilibrium with all known information incorporated into the line. (or at least most). It would be best to have both.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Quote Originally Posted by ljump12 View Post
    It would really depend on how much you plan on wagering, and when you plan on doing it. If you plan on wagering the night before, I would get opening lines -- if you plan on wagering after the lineups are solidified right before game time, then probably closing lines. The closing lines are the most "accurate" because they represent an equilibrium with all known information incorporated into the line. (or at least most). It would be best to have both.
    ok thanks for that, I usually bet after lineups are released so no suprises with people out etc..but for stats sake I will record both

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

You need both.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

anyone know how to answer my question about subsets vs. head to heads?

fletch49
    fletch49's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am new to this so bear with my simplistic question please. Where do you get "pinny's line"? I am unfamiliar with the term. Thanks much!

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

I personally prefer using a somewhat settled market line as my "opening line" as that's the market's opening opinion, whereas Pinnacle's opener is just one guy's opinion.

thorntoc
    thorntoc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post

I will keep track of both, but for creating subsets I will use closers then.
    Any idea of where I can get previous soccer odds now, or I will keep my own database from now until whenever
    Historical soccer prices are available here:
    http://www.football-data.co.uk/
    Points Awarded:

rfr3sh gave thorntoc 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.