MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Programming Preferences (Diverted from Research Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ljump12 View Post
    I think efficiency is kind of a moot point at this stage. Were not dealing with things in handicapping that efficiency would not matter. I've written a python baseball simulator that processes millions of rows of playbyplay data, and it has no trouble.
    Efficiency certainly becomes a concern when you're dealing with 140+ games on an NCAAF or NCAAB Saturday. Maybe you're not concerned with it, but for others, it can definitely become an issue especially when you're modeling multiple sports in that time frame.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

While I'm certainly interested in what you have written, Python cannot handle everything for me. I simply use too many pre-built routines that I really don't want to rewrite in another language, although I suppose I could call them through Python, if it is allowed.

Most likely, it is not the language for Monkey and me, but that certainly does not mean this write up is not valuable for others.

jessetopolski
    jessetopolski's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA playoff trends?

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by jessetopolski View Post
    NBA playoff trends?
    Jesse this is posted to the wrong forum and wrong thread: post this in NBA forum, or ask in the newbie forum as a new thread.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

I use Java for all my page scraping...

Lots of built in functions to handle everything I want.

Not a big deal going from Linux to Windows...

I have had a big of a problem when trying to connect to my mysql database.But i got around that...

I know python...but felt I needed something a more "grown up"