Oceandiver
    Oceandiver's Avatar Become A Pro!

JM system Vs Rich Allen..your feedback pls

Hello to everyone,
    I am fairly new to this SBR forum and I love and respect very much this SBR forum.
    I have been getting JM picks for a while now, its a great system if you follow exactly what is recommended, problem with me as probably many of us ...we wanna make quick picks and parleys...and god knows statistically " parleys are fun to win " but odds are nearly to nothing.
    I ve read about this guy a lot, called Rich Allen, who claims to be another Guru of sportsbetting , but has a very different approach, then others. I tried it and i gotta say...I am ok with it........His system is to take the underdog ML in MLB and that supposedly a good 60 to 65 % underdog ML will come in. And that because it pays + 155 , +140...ect. So in conclusion what i can understand is, for instance, 2 wins will equal 3 losts in the 5 games scenario. I know i probably dont make sense in what i am trying to explain and i apologize for it ( i am not from usa ) .....But i hope you get a drift about what i am tryng to explain. I would appreciate getting feedback from you guys at THINK TANK....thx a lot

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Neither system will work in the long-term.

JM's system does not look at market prices - his picks don't even give a spread. He is "fast and loose" with his record keeping - when he lost a series of bets, he changed his system to exclude that play, and updated his record to show a better record which excluded his losing series.

I don't know Richard allen... But his system sounds like crap also. If you are playing dogs at +150, you need to win 40% of those to break even. 2-3 would be the expectation if there were no vigorish. So where does Richard Allen claim he gains an edge?

System sellers only make themselves money. If you are serious about winning, you have to work hard and learn the math.

Oceandiver

Thx justin for your feedback...your absolutly right about JM system, he does modify his picks from time to time i ve noticed as well , so he keeps a good record. Very often if bet C is too risky , he will not propose to it !
    thx again

Oceandiver

So what is the bottom line secret to be successful in sports betting then ? lol

Justin7

Start with the premise that any bet you can make will lose money in the long term.

When your math is strong enough, and you can disprove this once, you have one valid bet.

betyuda
    betyuda's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well it seems like unlike John Morrisson, Rich is willing to put his face and name up on the site and even on youtube. If you watch his videos, he does have a much better proof and backtesting in comparison to John Morission. He doesn t change the rules nor the system simply sticking to a spreadline that has won over the last 10 years. Just to clarify it is true, i have looked at data for the pats 4-5 years to see if his system is actually accurate and so far it has been true. I wouldn t doubt rich allen yet, as he has never been loose with numbers, nor has he been loose with his rules. Sorry Justin, for the mean time, i trust rich allen. I don t trust the JM system though. Until I see a see a problem with Rich Allens system, or can disapprove it, I will stick with it.

betyuda

Keep in mind that Rich Allens system is much more defined and also clear than John Morrission system. Unlike JM, Rich does look at percentages, the public views, and also the spread and location of the games. He has systems for both the NBA, NCAA, and MLB, and I have been unable to disapprove his system yet. and unlike JM he does not lie or make up new rules for this systems.

Justin7

What is exactly is Rich Allens "system"? And 1 question for you: If a team lost its best 4 players (say, QB, RB, CB and LB), would the system recognize that the line has shifted because of this?

betyuda

If there is a loss of any best players, the system takes that into account. But just like a normal hadicapper, he never makes a play if there is a big loss or injury between team. In other words, he avoids some plays even if the lines still match up with the system. He also provides a in depth explanation. I beleive that he also recommends most of his users to try and use sportsinsights.com