Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Optimal wager for fixed Bankroll

How can I calculate the optimal wager if I keep my bankroll the same, no matter what happens?

For example, if your using full kelly, the optimal wager for a play of 1.8 at 60.3%, with a bankroll of $1000 is about $107

What would the optimal wager be if my bankroll is always $1000

is it the same?

brettd
    brettd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

yes

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

I guess I'd have to ask, why would you want to keep your BR at the same number?

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

is you br going to magically replenish to 1k when you lose as well?

if so, you're concerned w/ maximizing wrt to ev and NOT eg, in which case you should just bet the entire 1k for every shot you consider yourself to have an edge

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    is you br going to magically replenish to 1k when you lose as well?

if so, you're concerned w/ maximizing wrt to ev and NOT eg, in which case you should just bet the entire 1k for every shot you consider yourself to have an edge

I assume the intent comes from the investment world where your size of investment can be based on a "notional" bankroll. As pointed out by brettd, yes, your Kelly wager is the same if your bankroll is "always" the same (of course this also assumes that your edge is static).

Joe.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Im comfortable with my bankroll being the same, and I understand that it is NOT the optimal strategy in terms of net profit over a period of time.