crinkledaces
    nba 0-0
    crinkledaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 939

accuscore

how do u guys feel about accuscore? Has anyone made any money using this program?

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

mlb only thing worth anything but to me its not worth it either since you have to wager on so many games to see a profit

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

do...not...use...accuscore

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

It's a money tree OP
    the guys that run it hang out with Biggy and Tupac just having scrilla fun

spankadank
    GIGGITY GIGGITY
    spankadank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

accuscore is great with nfl player props, everything else is mediocre at best.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

its a money tree with everything

JVP3122
    JVP3122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

I've seen the questions with Accuscore growing in my limited time here, so I'll give my take on it. I started with them at the beginning of the baseball season last year buying a six month subscription with a couple of friends because I was drawn in by their historical results in baseball. I didn't mind betting pretty much every game because as long as it was going to win in the long run that was ok with me. I understood that there were going to be some days that were down, and I didn't expect to double my money overnight. They had shown over 200% ROI in each of the previous three baseball seasons, so me being gullible, I jumped in with both feet. Not only was last year a down year, but it was a horrendously bad year. There was one stretch near the All-Star break where they were just atrocious, and on more than one occasion they went got 2 picks or less right in one day. When there are 15 games on that day, going 2-13 (once even went 0-15), is just crushing. On top of that, they game their lines afterwards to meet with their pick. Since they use Pinnacle lines, the ML changes quite frequently, even leading up to the game. If the calculated no-vig percentage is close to their simulated percentage, then their "Side Value" changes quite a bit leading up to the game. Well, in their archives that are attached to every DLR, their pick managed to mysteriously be the winning team from the night before. This would happen at least three times per week, and when I emailed to try and find out when they locked in the lines that they used for each game I got no response. Well, if something like this happens a few times a week and you end up going wrong on those games, it can make a huge difference. If you're going with the favorite on a -170/200 game and the underdog wins, well that's a $300 swing, which adds up and can greatly diminish that 200% ROI. They say that last season they saw a minor profit of $835 on $100 wagers, but they conveniently forget to include that you would have had to invest at least three times your original bankroll in order to get that profit. Their system is a $100 bet with the possibility of needing enough for the maximum games per day, ie: $1500 in your account for a league with 30 teams. I was fortunate enough to not be able to afford to put that much in my bankroll to start, but I lost considerable money.

Well, after this debacle I was turned off from them for a bit, but I started looking at their stuff again come NBA time and NCAA basketball season. I figured I would try them out (with a much smaller bankroll) in NBA spreads, but I would modify it a little bit. Their results from 2008/2009 NBA hit at 51%/+6045 on the side value when the home team was -899 or higher, and going with the favorite was 96%/+2510 when the home team was -900 or lower. Well, I'm glad I stopped when I did, because if you employ that method this season you would be down 1857.

They recently had on their Highlights and Best Plays that their system is not one where you blindly go with their picks, but you follow the trends that are working at the time. The thing is, their trends aren't consistent. As I demonstrated, if I went with their profitable trend from NBA betting last season I would be at a great loss. They like to say they have profitable trends, but I tell you, I could flip a coin for each game, and eventually I will have positive betting trends, too.

The best piece of advice I got on these boards is that you should never pay for picks. The reason is that if you pay for picks and they lose, then not only did you lose your wager, but you also lost the money that you had to pay for the pick. Either learn to handicap, learn to create a winning model, or stop gambling on sports, because you will eventually lose money to the people that have learned to do these things.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree that u should never pay for picks
    also would def not pay for accuscore based on the previous post terrible last season, f them

i thought we were talking about accuscore simulations though, im thinking of something else maybe, espn uses it and stuff
    not really a tool for betting

ljump12
    ljump12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

I used Accuscore all last season, only betting MLB sides that met a certain criteria. It was decently profitable over the season, though a little volatile.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...=1&output=html

2 more things, and I don't mean to threadjack...

1. I wrote a program that automatically bets the games after looking at accuscore's predictions -- It runs every morning at a specified time, and will automatically place the bets [on matchbook]. Then it emails you to let you know what games you bet. If anyone's interested I would be willing to sell a "liscense" to it. Makes the job of logging on every morning and figuring out which games meet the threshold, then betting them a whole lot easier.

2. I'm working on an MLB simulator [to replace accuscore] and have made good progress -- if someone is interested, and knows python -- i'd love to have them help.

If your interested in either, email me at atbgreen@gmail.com

pdx107
    pdx107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1816

I have found it to be very hit or miss using the projections posted on espn

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I have seen it be helpful in some cases. I use thespread.com to get a projection every now and then. Dont live and die by this by any means.

sketch80823
    sketch80823's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont use it man

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

ljump- I was going to buy your program, but my "license" was revoked, so I cant go to the bank to get money to get your glorious MLB Picks. Accuscore can be used for props and as a tool for handicapping, they are painfully late on injuries and their trends are laughable.

ljump12

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post
    ljump- I was going to buy your program, but my "license" was revoked, so I cant go to the bank to get money to get your glorious MLB Picks. Accuscore can be used for props and as a tool for handicapping, they are painfully late on injuries and their trends are laughable.
    I'm not sure what your implying, I'm not endorsing the picks, just saying I created a program that executes them.

MrTwiz
    MrTwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

I trust my brain and gut over any computer on earth and u should listen to yours. Id bet at least 70% of the time if u listen to ur gut when u go to make a play it is right

ljump12

Quote Originally Posted by MrTwiz View Post
    I trust my brain and gut over any computer on earth and u should listen to yours. Id bet at least 70% of the time if u listen to ur gut when u go to make a play it is right

Peoples ignorance amazes me.

spud58
    spud58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

brain nxxxx
    Last edited by sam9ball; 03-18-10 at 09:13 AM. Reason: use of the "N"word