Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line movement analysis

Is there any place to read up on why lines moved the way they did for a specific game from the opening to closing lines? Obviously something a little more detailed than just news about injuries.

Like what aspect of a match up caused bettors to favor one side more heavily.

Is there any site that does this?

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

No website that i know...follow lakerboy or go to SBR odds Greek and pinny.....105/115 at greelk

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Generally when there is heavy action favoring one team and the books are reluctant to move the pointspread off a key number...they will move the money line ...from 110 to 115 per the greek

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

There could be many reasons for a particular line moving one way or another. Generally speaking, the line moves to encourage even wagering on both teams, but there are many other reasons why a line may move.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    Is there any place to read up on why lines moved the way they did for a specific game from the opening to closing lines? Obviously something a little more detailed than just news about injuries.

Like what aspect of a match up caused bettors to favor one side more heavily.

Is there any site that does this?
    Of course not. Find me someone that can do this consistently and I'll show you a rich man that has no interest in sharing his trade secrets...

In general, most lines start out as a fair line based on statistics, and then get adjusted by the linemakers prior to release based on opinion (their own opinions, and the opinions they perceive the public will have). The end result is a line that they are hoping will produce balanced betting action.

When a line moves, it's because there was an imbalance in the money on each side (which may or may not correspond with the betting volume on each side). I could give my opinions on why the lines moved the way they did on a particular game, but asking the opinion of several different cappers, and I doubt you'd find agreement on most games.

mintybetmachine
    mintybetmachine's Avatar Become A Pro!

donbest.com

other live odds services cost less but may not perform the very best (a few sec slower)