Daliman
    Daliman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

What historical scores does the SBR half-point calculator use?

I am a big fan of the half-point calculator, but it appears that the outputs haven't changed in the last 10 or so years, and most sports definitely have changed. A friend of mine that is very good with analytics thinks the 3 in the NFL is only worth ~18c now, but I still think it's worth ~24c, and the SBR tool has it at 25c. Seems to me if the dataset being used isn't using from the past ~5 years or so, it's going to be less accurate. Anyone have the details on this? I've looked around a fair mount and can't find anything on it.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

I first saw the calculator here in 2016. The details haven't changed since that time. I don't know how out-of-date it was before then. You can alter the details manually so you can put in whatever data you want. However, I don't see any current way of saving a personalised version in the SBR user settings or of downloading it with a view to keeping an altered version on tap. Given the difficulties SBR techs have with other issues I don't foresee an updated calculator being available any time soon.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by Daliman View Post
    I am a big fan of the half-point calculator, but it appears that the outputs haven't changed in the last 10 or so years, and most sports definitely have changed. A friend of mine that is very good with analytics thinks the 3 in the NFL is only worth ~18c now, but I still think it's worth ~24c, and the SBR tool has it at 25c. Seems to me if the dataset being used isn't using from the past ~5 years or so, it's going to be less accurate. Anyone have the details on this? I've looked around a fair mount and can't find anything on it.
    Its a little out of date. The 18c seems a bit low to me. Figure out how many games end in 3 in a decent sample. NFL is tough, too few games. Might be worth less than 25c, I would imagine increase in scoring leads to less close games.

Only way to figure out, scrape NFL box scores, figure out how many end in 3.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

It's less than 20 cents now. Using the previous five years I calculated 16 cents. Betting tools site Unabated has it at 19 cents.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I first saw the calculator here in 2016. The details haven't changed since that time. I don't know how out-of-date it was before then. You can alter the details manually so you can put in whatever data you want. However, I don't see any current way of saving a personalised version in the SBR user settings or of downloading it with a view to keeping an altered version on tap. Given the difficulties SBR techs have with other issues I don't foresee an updated calculator being available any time soon.
    Good idea.

I'll add it to the list of things to put forward.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

Best option is to use Unabated. They have a line comparison tool that is free for up to 2 lines at a time.