str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68495

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    This horse is crazy fast; he could have beaten the track record easy if he wanted
    Just missed it being pulled up. Unreal!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9428

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4524

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Just missed it being pulled up. Unreal!
    Yeah, it was definitely unreal. I can't remember when was the last time I saw a Grade 1 race who was won by almost 20 lengths.... CRAZY!!

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11962

It's right up there with the top dogs.

That was breath taking.
    Agree. I haven't been around the game as long as you and others on here so I figured I'd ask. It looked the best for me I've ever seen.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3241

since 2012 STR here are the highest Timeform figures. Flightline on top.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    since 2012 STR here are the highest Timeform figures. Flightline on top.

Thanks EZ,

I was fairly confident his numbers were better than more recent horses. When I thought about similar type performances, I have to say that I was thinking about horses like Dr. Fager, Seattle Slew, Groovy, Spectacular Bid, and dare I say, Ruffian and Secretariat.
    It's only one race but in my mind it was a performance similar to some we had not seen in a long time.

Easy-Rider 66

Easy-Rider 66

Hey STR: any opinion on the above statement from Equibase. And do you think before every race the run up distance should be available to the general pubic? I know Woodbine tells us that info before each race I believe. THX

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Hey STR: any opinion on the above statement from Equibase. And do you think before every race the run up distance should be available to the general pubic? I know Woodbine tells us that info before each race I believe. THX
    Absolutely. They always should have. I can't tell you how many times people would ask me why a certain horse could run 22 and change at Laurel, Bowie, Monmouth, Delaware, but couldn't break 23 at Pimlico. And while fans have become more informed as the years have gone by, it's an unlevel playing field in pari-mutuels. And that's not fair.

The distance of run up should be consistent for each distance if possible, which it almost always is.

Shame on any management that is being lax on this.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

the 2nd leading earner of army mule running in a $500k stakes at kentucky downs

R8 #2 dance macabre (3-1)

he's doing real well as a freshman sire..if you hit his name it will show you his page

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...tandingRegion=
    Last edited by JBEX; 09-11-22 at 10:32 AM.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    hey str

he's doing real well as a freshman sire..if you hit his name it will show you his page

This horse is very live in this race.

Thanks for the heads up.

Can't believe the purses at this place. Incredible !
    Last edited by str; 09-11-22 at 11:21 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks for the heads up.

no problem str..certainly a contender in this race

i think they must be subsidizing this track through some state program..they get nice handles but don't see how it supports these purses

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

with that purse if she wins AM might be #2 freshman sire..at least temporarily lol

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

Thanks for the heads up.

running today in R6..card was cancelled the other day

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

the army mule fts (navy goat) who ran at mth with blinkers is making start 2 in the last at kentucky downs (R12 @ 7:39)..trainer excellent first route and solid with 2nd career and shippers..rosario riding..this was the most expensive army mule sold at auction so interesting on that note also

(6-1 ml)

I'm going with #6 beck and call but can't argue the other is interesting

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

they got a navy fleet in there also lol

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

the army mule fts (navy goat) who ran at mth with blinkers is making start 2 in the last at kentucky downs (R12 @ 7:39)..trainer excellent first route and solid with 2nd career and shippers..rosario riding..this was the most expensive army mule sold at auction so interesting on that note also

(6-1 ml)

remember you said blinkers on first out not a good sign but maybe today's extra distance will be of help

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

(6-1 ml)

So the trainer is basically saying that yes, the horse has no significant speed but does have talent.

I think this is the 1st one I've seen try and run this far. Most do not need to as they have that early lick.

I won't be surprised if this horse wins . No early speed but probably has a ton of heart which most of the Army mules have shown.

I think this sire is awesome. I think the fact that you pointed this sire out long before all this is more awesome!

I really hope this horse wins or runs very well. But they all do so let's keep it going.

Great call JBEX !!!

You totally nailed Army Mule.

All the best.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

So the trainer is basically saying that yes, the horse has no significant speed but does have talent.

I think this is the 1st one I've seen try and run this far. Most do not need to as they have that early lick.

I won't be surprised if this horse wins . No early speed but probably has a ton of heart which most of the Army mules have shown.

I think this sire is awesome. I think the fact that you pointed this sire out long before all this is more awesome!

I really hope this horse wins or runs very well. But they all do so let's keep it going.

Great call JBEX !!!

You totally nailed Army Mule.

All the best.
    thanks str

i do feel a connection to him going back to when he was a first time starter.. will certainly be following his progeny in the years to come..you liked what you've seen of his runners on the track (beyond finish position) and those types of observations are for a trained eye to make ..I more or less just look at his and the other's in the freshmen crop's stats ..No expert at judging those numbers but they seem very positive to me

if you didn't see navy goat ran a big race ..$90k winner's share ia a nice chunk of change to get back on the big purchase price..more importantly ,as you've mentioned before with 2yo prospects, he's probably
    become a lot more valuable just by winning that race..have to think they are going to consider the juvenile turf for him which is about 8 weeks from now

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

since it's saturday took a peek and there are 3 army mule's running tomorrow

bel

R1 #7 army of thoughts (30-1)

little chance

churchill

R5 #3 army star (15-1)

fts..dam was a good runner,excellent producer and successful with 2yos ..have a hunch the water a little too deep here especially first out

remington park

gonna be a lot of horses starting with army now lol

R7 #6 army airborne (6-1)

this one i really like..goes up against oklahoma breds..trainer decent ,factoring roi ,with fts and in msw races..out of a productive unbridled's song mare and he is probably one of the best or the best broodmare sire's there is..solid works leading up to the race

10:55pm post if you're up late and want to take a look lol
    Last edited by JBEX; 09-16-22 at 08:01 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

bel

little chance

churchill

R5 #3 army star (15-1)

fts..dam was a good runner,excellent producer and successful with 2yos ..have a hunch the water a little too deep here especially first out

remington park

this one i really like..goes up against oklahoma breds..trainer decent ,factoring roi ,with fts and in msw races..out of a productive unbridled's song mare and he is probably one of the best or the best broodmare sire's there is..solid works leading up to the race

of course any feedback welcomed

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

bel

little chance

churchill

R5 #3 army star (15-1)

remington park

The one at Aqueduct was 70-1 when I looked. I did not look at that race.

The Churchill horse I see is a January foal. Only one in the race. Solid race but that is an edge. He will probably need it there.

The horse at Remington I would like somewhat as well. I see a 46 and change from the gate. That is very impressive.
    There is a firster outside that is a January foal and has nice works that will be bet down no doubt. Lane Luzzi rides. Mike's daughter I think you said, right?
    That's wild. I always liked Mike. He's a good guy.

Don't mean to harp on Jan. foals. Just noticing it. It is not a HUGE edge necessarily but it is always somewhat of an edge. And depending on the horse maybe some edge and maybe a huge one. It depends on the horse.

GL JBEX!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

an army mule fts won @ aqueduct yesterday in R5..won by a head but I thought it was a very gritty effort..was on the rail with the pacesetter about a half length ahead of him through the turn ..comes off the rail around the top of the stretch and gets up by a head at the wire(beating that horse he was inside of on the lead)..I'd say that horse was ahead of him by as many as 3 lengths in the stretch

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

How you feel about all this cheating

jeez

this is surprising to nobody , but how you feel ?

you’ve seen it

dutrow etc

hope your health is well

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

hey str

an army mule fts won @ aqueduct yesterday in R5..won by a head but I thought it was a very gritty effort..was on the rail with the pacesetter about a half length ahead of him through the turn ..comes off the rail around the top of the stretch and gets up by a head at the wire(beating that horse he was inside of on the lead)..I'd say that horse was ahead of him by as many as 3 lengths in the stretch
    Hey buddy 2 army mules won

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Hey buddy 2 army mules won
    hey kid..what's up

wasn't aware of the other one..thanks

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

he's got quite a few running the next few days including 3 tomorrow and 2 on Sunday

http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-r...0575/army-mule

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

he's got quite a few running the next few days including 3 tomorrow and 2 on Sunday

http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-r...0575/army-mule
    just have to hit "upcoming entries"

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

the 5th at belmont tomorrow his 2nd most expensive foal to be purchased at auction ($400k) will be making his debut..I'd say at least 3 future stakes winners will be coming out of that race so he'll have his work cut out for him..lot's of repect from the ml maker though .. #3 mount up (3-1)

likely going to be an off track unfortunately

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

They just keep showing up in the winners circle. and so far, they seem very gritty in that they win more photos than they lose. They seem to have a lot of try in them. That makes you wonder about long term soundness which was the question in the first place when their sire only ran a few times. But as you know, for 7,500 this sire was a steal to breed to!

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

the 5th at belmont tomorrow his 2nd most expensive foal to be purchased at auction ($400k) will be making his debut..I'd say at least 3 future stakes winners will be coming out of that race so he'll have his work cut out for him..lot's of repect from the ml maker though .. #3 mount up (3-1)

likely going to be an off track unfortunately
    Such a solid bunch of well bred horses. They almost all seem to show up so it should be interesting.

Thanks for the link and the heads up.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    How you feel about all this cheating

jeez

this is surprising to nobody , but how you feel ?

you’ve seen it

dutrow etc

hope your health is well
    Health is great thank you.

I do not have the time today to talk about the cheating. I have spoken to it in the past and will add to that ASAP.

Yes sir, I have definitely seen it, lived it, hated it, competed against it, and had to make a decision as to it.

I'll go into all that very soon, hopefully tomorrow, as well as Dutrow. Some might not agree but that's their right.

I will tell you what I witnessed first hand, and what I was told by others that did.

Hearsay is just that. But seeing it occur is truth. Stay tuned Kid.

All the best.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

They just keep showing up in the winners circle. and so far, they seem very gritty in that they win more photos than they lose. They seem to have a lot of try in them. That makes you wonder about long term soundness which was the question in the first place when their sire only ran a few times. But as you know, for 7,500 this sire was a steal to breed to!
    similiar to danzig who was 3/3 in his career and they mentioned bone chips is what shortened his career..danzig did it 2-3yo while AM was 3-4..former broke his maiden as a 2yo in June at belmont and didn't run again till May where he won 2 allowance races and that was it..he was a $325k auction purchase (late 70's big bucks) while army mule went for $825k..not saying he's going to be danzig (heck not many are lol) but definitely some similarities

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Health is great thank you.

I do not have the time today to talk about the cheating. I have spoken to it in the past and will add to that ASAP.

Yes sir, I have definitely seen it, lived it, hated it, competed against it, and had to make a decision as to it.

I'll go into all that very soon, hopefully tomorrow, as well as Dutrow. Some might not agree but that's their right.

I will tell you what I witnessed first hand, and what I was told by others that did.

Hearsay is just that. But seeing it occur is truth. Stay tuned Kid.

All the best.
    you're my hero always honest

First ... 168169170171172173174 ... Last