jamesrav
    jamesrav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

Smarkets time lag vs. Orbit/BF ?

I bet using Orbit, just 'plain vanilla' win bets on UK horses. I had Smarkets and Orbit on 2 screens showing the same Wolverhampton race, and it appeared to the untrained eye that the race 'ended' on Orbit about 5 seconds before Smarkets. Chillsea won, yet Smarkets was seemingly still taking trades. What's the catch here. how can they be out of synch? Even if that is an illusion, any thoughts on trading the two exchanges simultaneously to exploit any differences? Logic says they must match very closely and there's no easy inefficiency to exploit, but is that a proven statement?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

5 seconds doesn't offer much time.

so was there an easy inefficency to exploit?

I feel like you answered your own question.

I realize you are talking exchanges but the different third pary and in house LIVE trading for bookmakers around the world can be different at times, quite different. But if a match clearly ended some of those LIVE trades can be cancelled.

Maybe not quite the same as the exchanges.

jamesrav
    jamesrav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

the time differential is huge. The last race at Wolver was over on Orbit about 20 seconds before HALTED on Smarkets. So something is amiss, the winner is known and yet another exchange is still taking bets?? cant be.

As far as general back/lay differences, there appears to be none between Orbit and Smarkets within 30 minutes of race time (no surprise). But I wonder about hours before, assuming there's a chance to get the bet matched at so early a stage. I know that Bet Angel fellow makes a pretty good living exploiting these differences using only BF (I presume). Back at 10, Lay at 9, I'll do that all day long lol.