Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Question about SBR odds

Can someone answer this question?
    I like to track odds movement. This morning I started a spreadsheet with the basketball odds posted on SBR.

Just taking the 1st 3 games..... here is what the SBR odds looked like:

Team Opener
    Michigan 14.5
    Wake For 14
    UCF 18.5

I realize that odds change... but the "opener" should not change. Correct?

Now if you look the odds look like this....
    Team Opener
    Michigan 13
    Wake For 14
    UCF 15.5

What's the deal?

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Does anyone have a legit place to get opening lines?

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I do not but Ive also noticed this from sbr.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Husker,

I've wondered same thing and have found openers in general to be a difficult/inconsistent number.

I especially wonder about openers changing value............ I've wondered if there's an early period and a late period (say Thursday night as divider for Saturday game), but they should make this more clear.

I've used predictiontracker for alot of stuff. and one early week this year, they used pre-season spreads as OPEN even though at least one of the teams had played at least one game.

I remember way back in the past that I think stardust in Vegas did the opening odds... big lineup to bet early. probably restricted $$$$ and the lines would adjust fast.

now, I think there are early lines which can be hard to play and then there's an early line that is easy to bet... an example is total for army-navy either last year or year before. opened at 47.5 and down to 41 in under 20 minutes. then it closed at 39 (not sure these #'s are correct, but idea is)......

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Does anyone have a legit place to get opening lines?
    I would think alot of places would be ok................ but many people want the data. going back and then you want consistent source.

I used killersports.com and sports database.com alot for analysis (they've revamped things and I haven't adjusted yet)... amazing databases but the one key stat they didn't have was "opening odds"