Fullkelly
    Fullkelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

Line Moves On A Max Bet at Cris/Bookmaker

Just curious what kind of auto line move people see at CRIS/bookmaker for a "sharp" account placing a max bet? Seems like 10-20 cents or so for a max bet on early/overnights in most sports? Seems like an average joe doesn't move it at all or maybe 5 cents.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33528

I don't have the roll to max bet something like NFL sides, but on smaller markets with low caps they move very aggressively. I usually bet roughly half the cap on these markets and the amount that the line moves varies. Sometimes it stays put, sometimes it's 5 cents, sometimes 20. They still give me betpoints so I'm guessing they don't have me pegged as a winner, so the lines probably move like that for everybody. I've also noticed that on some days the lines jump all over and other days the lines don't move much.

Fullkelly
    Fullkelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

Thanks for the input. It seems to vary a lot by sport and what time it is in the betting cycle. They seem to move 20 cents on sharp action early, but less later in the cycle. They definitely profile accounts and how much the line moves is a good indicator of the prospects of someone being a long-term winner.

mr.ed
    mr.ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4218

Prop plays, which I play a lot there, will move on a $250 limit wager generally 20 cents or so.

For sides and totals 10 cents if the play is made a day or so before the game. 5 cents if play is made close to game time.