Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    I only do NBA and NHL and the soccer menu is too poor, so no dice.
    That was not an offer. It was a statement.

Roger T. Bannon

I only do NBA and NHL and the soccer menu is too poor, so no dice.
    And given your betting preferences, your future winning percentage will be no higher than 50.5 against the spread. The correct percentage bet for you is $0.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    And given your betting preferences, your future winning percentage will be no higher than 50.5 against the spread. The correct percentage bet for you is $0.
    What part of "I win at flat stakes" don't you understand you smug idiot?

I will beat you in Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis and Horses. That's not an offer, it's a statement.

Roger T. Bannon

What part of "I win at flat stakes" don't you understand you smug idiot?

I will beat you in Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis and Horses. That's not an offer, it's a statement.
    I am very good at handicapping with limited information. I have A LOT of information. This is my GOY. It is not a 5-star pick. It is a 100 star pick.

This is the best gambling advice you are ever going to get. Write down. Pin it on the wall.

It is my personal guarantee. It cannot lose. It will not lose.

I do not care what your past betting indicates. This is sure fire.

Gaze73

I am very good at handicapping with limited information. I have A LOT of information. This is my GOY. It is not a 5-star pick. It is a 100 star pick.

This is the best gambling advice you are ever going to get. Write down. Pin it on the wall.

It is my personal guarantee. It cannot lose. It will not lose.

I do not care what your past betting indicates. This is sure fire.
    I don't see any pick.

Even if there was one, what kind of tout BS is this? Cannot lose? 100 star pick? Do you bet on fixed games?

Roger T. Bannon

I have given you credit for a significant edge which does not exist.

You heard it here first.

THE END.

Gaze73

I have given you credit for a significant edge which does not exist.

You heard it here first.

THE END.
    Your brain doesn't exist.

You heard it here first.

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

I'm actually betting on horses nowadays where the odds are +100 to +2000 so the variance can be insane. I can lose 10% of BR in one hour then finish the day up 20%. In a good week I can go up 100%, then raise the stakes and lose 40% in a day, such as today. 10% of that was due to tilt but still. I don't know why tilt bets always go the wrong way. If you tilt bet on a 50/50 event somehow it will lose 80% of the time.
    Kelly is edge divided by odds. Therefore, if you have a 10% edge and odds of 2-1, you would wager 5% of your bankroll whereas if the odds were 10-1 you would only wager 1% of your bankroll. Are you doing that or are you using the same % regardless of odds? Joe.

hcetigol
    hcetigol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This is wrong. It's a discipline problem. If it were a math problem alone, then you would outlast the variance and not even be asking this question.

But that's not what's happening. Instead, you are creating a staking problem. I can not emphasize enough, if you jiggle your bet size it will cost you a ton in vig.

You may not even be using partial Kelly correctly, if every bet you make is the same stake across the board.

Gaze, you absolutely should not be betting a percent of your current bankroll, you are not built that way and neither is your capping. You should be betting a percent of your starting bankroll and changing your bets like I said above, when up 50% or down 25%, or so.

I can give you a workable table, allowing you to bet up to 2% of your starting bankroll and can show you that you only need to increase your bets size 10 or 12 times while building a bankroll from $1000 to $100,000.

This type of betting is best for your type of gambling.

Hi KVB I am interested in getting such a table. I am unable to PM you because my account doesn't allow it. I have doubled, tripled even quadrupled my bank many times only to lose most of it due to inadequate staking methods. I am left with the conclusion that you are 100% right.

Staking 1% to 2% of initial bank assuming one has an edge of around 3% sounds correct. Can you provide some advice on calculating stake size on higher edges say 10, 15 etc. And how does the size of the edge impact the frequency/intervals of upping your stakes?

First 12