SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Wil there ba a score in the 1st Inning? MLB props

Anyone have an opinion here? There are so many games during the season and the No is favored mostly.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

SEEMS like a great bet....overall I think the book wins here lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Anyone have an opinion here? There are so many games during the season and the No is favored mostly.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Betting NO

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Going to keep an eye on this one...

cmaulsby
    cmaulsby's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13702

Love 1st Inning Run (5dimes has best lines) and keep a spreadsheet combined with Home Ump O/U. All stat based but does pretty well for me.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop
    Believe_EMT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

you know this title caught my eye based on my efforts on 1st goal in nhl.

feel like there is probably more data available for mlb and run scored in 1st inning.

i would want to know the basics, as noted above, historical results, the ump, pitchers, opponents and the final factor i would want is the game time temperature. years ago i started playing Unders posted the night before the game if the forecast was 50 degrees or less. just a slight advantage on them back then, but i was often time beating the market for sure on juice, and some times by half a run, and every couple days by a full run or run and a half.

assume these are posted closer to game time, not close to the line opening?

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

They always run the odds up on "No".

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

You have to consider that the batting average changes per each time the batter faces the pitcher. It is much lower the first time around, normal around the second and much higher the third or greater.

Specific pitchers though start out pretty bad. Yu Darvish was like this a couple years ago, he would always give up homers in the first and then settle down. He might have fixed this, I haven't looked.

Heritage/Wagerweb tend to post all props maybe 4 hours or so before the game, so roughly 3 pm EST.

One thing to look at is "Team to score first". You tend to get competitive prices on big away dogs that have good bats and poor pitching against a better team with its weakest pitcher. They maybe a 180 dog, but you can get 120 or so on score first, when they get to bat first.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Like it. Team to score first is even better. Low limits keeps a lot of the biggest players away. Those guys can move the total with their bets, but a lot of books won't move the first inning prop until they get action on it. Which can give great opportunities to find value.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

It is probably the easiest baseball prop to beat if you are willing to invest even a little bit of time into it.

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7072

Five years or so ago the no was usually the favorite often -140 or more, but over the past few years as starting pitching has become worse I find that yes is often the favorite now, sometimes even -180 or -200 if the game is in Colorado or Arizona.