Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Betting on credit and bankroll management question

My scenario: $1000 balance. Profit/Losses paid out weekly and balance resets to $1000 for the upcoming week. My goal to to make a profit every week wether it is $10 or $300. My question is: What would be the best plan of attack to ensure I end up a winner week in and week out? Should I be flat betting, bet a general 1-3% of a available roll, or use a system of some sorts?

Any suggestion would be great appreciated.

Thank you!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Don’t bet with credit

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    What would be the best plan of attack to ensure I end up a winner week in and week out?
    This expectation is not realistic. Maintain a cash bankroll equivalent to your available credit. Bet 2% of bank if you can't calculate/quantify your edge.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Bet to win $10 on one game the first day of the week. If it win, you're good for the week. If it loses, bet the next game to win back your losses + $10. If it wins, you're good. If it loses, bet the next game to back all your losses from those first two games + $10. Keep doing that all week. Eventually you will get crushed, but you could go for a lot of weeks before that happens.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Bet $10 per game. If you like a game a lot, bet $20. If you get up $500 on $10-$20 bets, start increasing your bets. If you get down $500, quit. Don't try to get back to even. When it looks like it is over, it is.

Altuve Cedeno
    Altuve Cedeno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8266

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Don’t bet with credit
    Bookie told me if he doesn’t ever get mushed, he’s not giving out enough credit

BETTIX
    BETTIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

give up betting..

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

10 team parlay every week. $10 profit? What's the fukin point of gambling to make $10?

nickfolker23
    kickers ;(
    nickfolker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Bet to win $10 on one game the first day of the week. If it win, you're good for the week. If it loses, bet the next game to win back your losses + $10. If it wins, you're good. If it loses, bet the next game to back all your losses from those first two games + $10. Keep doing that all week. Eventually you will get crushed, but you could go for a lot of weeks before that happens.
    Excelletn advice to a weird question!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

The micro martingale LOL....

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

whole 1K on the first bet....you lose that's your week......pay it off and move on.....you win....don't drop your bet size and try for a small streak.....the key here is not buying in again for the week if you lose swipe 1.....
    My scenario: $1000 balance. Profit/Losses paid out weekly and balance resets to $1000 for the upcoming week. My goal to to make a profit every week wether it is $10 or $300. My question is: What would be the best plan of attack to ensure I end up a winner week in and week out? Should I be flat betting, bet a general 1-3% of a available roll, or use a system of some sorts?

Thank you!

Sports Doc
    Sports Doc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

thats if you have a Losing problem If winning w $$ mgt. can work but rate you bets small reg large xl{gm of month]

The key is dont chase your losses & have a bankroll of cash you can afford to lose

otherwise play 5$ scatch offs to win $$4 life

deeppckts
    deeppckts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Thank you!
    You can't guarantee yourself profits over certain time ranges. Imagine if you wanted a guaranteed profit every 6 hours? In major sports, you'll be a multi-millionaire if you can pick 55% and yet you'll have tons of losing weeks.

If you have an edge, which I doubt you do or you'd be able to answer this question yourself, then the Kelly calculator can tell you how much to wager. That's all that matters, not profit benchmarks you invent for yourself.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

No guarantee on profits. You will win... You will lose... How you handle both is half the battle. I've buried myself both ways.