Ferrari355
    Ferrari355's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Pro leagues

Can anyone beat pro leagues like nfl nba mlb or nhl?

Okocha
    Okocha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Yes,but only a very small% of the market participants in those sports do it long term

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

1 line movement is there enough movement from open to close to "beat the market"?
    2 how overall efficient is the market?

those answers will help you choose a market to chew on

Okocha
    Okocha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

You forgot to mention the main metric -liquidity,the more you can bet the harder is to beat the market in question,generally speaking

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by Okocha View Post
    You forgot to mention the main metric -liquidity,the more you can bet the harder is to beat the market in question,generally speaking
    true but I would think that it is pretty well known that the big 4 US sports have high volume

ridgeway
    ridgeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6205

Huge volume on the main 4 in the USA.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think MLB is most beatable as every game is very different (different pitchers) and there's no betting competition in summer so degens bet on baseball.

nba has lots of games and lots of different situations.... it has the whole dynamic of mismatched games which i like to drill down on.

nfl i think is very tight and not many games .... some early vs. late season game dynamics look interesting.

nhl. i'm not really sure. doesn't look that promising...... again, like nba there are tons of games and you have the whole awesome vs. horrible team dynamic.

those are just my views. i've really gotten into baseball as there's tons of potential there.