goat-island
    goat-island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Looking for new tools for matchups & other stats

I only handicap my games for personal profit. No high odds, I like to play it smart, usually 1-2 games daily. But I am looking for new websites & online tools to show matchups, games won/lost at home/away, games won with that pitcher, possibly sharp action reports if that's available for a reasonable price.

Hoping some website online can save me some time from looking these up myself constantly!

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

do you use sportsdatabase.com its a good option if you know sdql language if not they have a google group for questions and I know a ton about it too and am always here to help!

goat-island

I have no clue about it! is the google group helpful? I am clueless when it comes to computers to be honest. I just want some tools that would be helpful in handicapping. Is sportsdatabase.com what you use?

Also thank you for the reply my friend!

danshan11

I am not sure of your skill level
    I would first to anyone new recommend you eat these books and I mean fully digested
    Sharper pokerjoe
    black cat in a coal cellar Joseph Buchdahl
    if you are past that skill level sportsdatabase can show you streaks and show you proof that certain things dont work. you also can get important line data on past games, I find that useful

goat-island

Awesome! Thank you so much. Just ordered both of those books on Amazon and will get to reading immediatly. I've already read a couple books about sports handicapping and have been doing it awhile (making good money too) generally winning 54-58% monthly, no high odds. But it can never hurt to learn more.

Been implementing this one strategy of only playing MLB underdogs and have only gone negative a couple weeks out of the entire season!

goat-island

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    do you use sportsdatabase.com its a good option if you know sdql language if not they have a google group for questions and I know a ton about it too and am always here to help!
    Hi DanShan11... I am learning this site, and must say, it is great! have been learning a lot and never knew how detailed this could get. But I have been looking at killercappers.com as well, which has cappers using sdql to provide insight. Do you recommend any of these? Thanks!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Goat Island...welcome to the Goat Community.

My two-cents. Covers.com is a nice site for picking up information. Good Luck!

danshan11

Quote Originally Posted by goat-island View Post
    Hi DanShan11... I am learning this site, and must say, it is great! have been learning a lot and never knew how detailed this could get. But I have been looking at killercappers.com as well, which has cappers using sdql to provide insight. Do you recommend any of these? Thanks!

those are trends that are very cute and look impressive but I dont believe in trends. I only bet when I think I have an actual edge on that specific game against the line. I dont believe because the roulette table had 5 reds it now will have a black or vice versa but I am usually wrong about these type of things ask one of the SBR experts here, they bet contrarian funds, tictactoe and regression models all the time, LOL.

goat-island

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Goat Island...welcome to the Goat Community.

My two-cents. Covers.com is a nice site for picking up information. Good Luck!
    Thank you my good man! I will check covers out.

I'm also a huge Liverpool fan, been one since a child so it is quite a coincidence! Our season is looking good so far, but Allison needs to check himself next time he gets cheeky in the box like against Leicester LOL

goat-island

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    those are trends that are very cute and look impressive but I dont believe in trends. I only bet when I think I have an actual edge on that specific game against the line. I dont believe because the roulette table had 5 reds it now will have a black or vice versa but I am usually wrong about these type of things ask one of the SBR experts here, they bet contrarian funds, tictactoe and regression models all the time, LOL.
    OK I understand what you're saying about the trends. I saw a trend today that had Cleveland 20-0 straight up after a loss at home while being a -130+ favorite and we saw how that turned out... But yes, I will ask one of the experts, although you seem to know your stuff as well! Thank you for the website, I am still trying to get the hang of it LOL