DFSLoosmeister
    DFSLoosmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Best Handicapping Tracking Site?

Does anyone have a good tracking site they use? Currently looking for one and nothing is coming off as that appealing

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4272

what're you looking to track?

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

none of those sites track the right thing including pickmonitor, win, loss, roi, bet size, and whatever else are useless stats. Create a google sheet and track your opening line, bet line and closing line that is ALL you need, nothing else matters.

DFSLoosmeister
    DFSLoosmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I agree but the trolls see an excel sheet and automatically think it's fake.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    none of those sites track the right thing including pickmonitor, win, loss, roi, bet size, and whatever else are useless stats. Create a google sheet and track your opening line, bet line and closing line that is ALL you need, nothing else matters.
    Pick Monitor has a BTCL metric (beat closing line %).

danshan11

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Pick Monitor has a BTCL metric (beat closing line %).
    what lines do they use?

LT Profits

what lines do they use?
    I think it varies by sport. Probably best to pose that question there.

danshan11

I did a week ago, they still have not answered and they were super vague about line value, talking about a Z value

tsty
    tsty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4345

lol@following someone else

danshan11

I dont get it?

Thicht
    Thicht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1098

The old website The Sports Monitor of Oklahoma is at worst fraudulent, likely inflates cappers records by 4-5%, often inflates many cappers 2-3%, and in some cases may have a correct record. Its fraudulent if some are paying for wins. I have no proof of that but some practices appear suspect and that theory has been floating around that it may be the case. But one can inflate their record without outright fraud by gaming the system. First, TSM inflates records a great deal by taking the best line of the day. Also, TSM inflates records because very often they won't get plays for what they claim are technical problems or just incompetence. Winners will contact them to get their winners counted while losers can choose whether or not to correct their records. Apparently this happens often. If one understands how this happens one could game the system even further by encouraging it to happen more. Avoid 2 losers and boost your record 2%, easy. Finally, on the website it only shows the winners. Meanwhile some claim that TSM monitored them fairly. I would agree this could be the case if the handicapper chooses not to game the system, but I think in those instances its not so much TSM monitoring the player as the player monitoring TSM.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

ROI doesn't matter, eh? You better believe it does after thousands of picks. Try buying a car with CLV..

Barrakuda

The BTCL metric at Pick Monitor attempts to measure the pct time that your line was better than the closing line (even by 1 cent). Not ideal, of course, but potentially still some informational value over a large sample.

Unfort....they have been using 5 Dimes lines for a few years (Pinny cut them off) and the non-reduced to reduced juice changeovers in most sports mess up the BTCL stat. So...PM is not currently a great site to track beating the close. They do allow you to download CSV files of any users' picks, which can then be massaged into showing true CLV.

On the plus side, the site is fully legit -- any errors are strictly feed errors and not attempts to inflate records. Also, they are about to switch back to Pinnacle lines for all sports, which will be better across the board, but esp. for measuring closing line value.

No, I don't work them, but I've used the site for 7 years, and it's a great alternative to typing into a spreadsheet every day IMO. I hope they continue to improve and add a realistic CLV stat, among other things. We'll see.

Barrakuda

How did this get moved from Think Tank to Players Talk? It's about sites that allow you to collect stats on your betting performance.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by tsty View Post
    I don't think that's the case, I think this has more to do with tracking one's own performance using metrics that are unique to Pick Monitor.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post
    The BTCL metric at Pick Monitor attempts to measure the pct time that your line was better than the closing line (even by 1 cent). Not ideal, of course, but potentially still some informational value over a large sample.

Unfort....they have been using 5 Dimes lines for a few years (Pinny cut them off) and the non-reduced to reduced juice changeovers in most sports mess up the BTCL stat. So...PM is not currently a great site to track beating the close. They do allow you to download CSV files of any users' picks, which can then be massaged into showing true CLV.

On the plus side, the site is fully legit -- any errors are strictly feed errors and not attempts to inflate records. Also, they are about to switch back to Pinnacle lines for all sports, which will be better across the board, but esp. for measuring closing line value.

No, I don't work them, but I've used the site for 7 years, and it's a great alternative to typing into a spreadsheet every day IMO. I hope they continue to improve and add a realistic CLV stat, among other things. We'll see.
    Pinnacle lines are live for Tennis definitely and possibly for Soccer also. I think their ultimate goal is to use Pinny for most markets and 5 Dimes for UFC and other sports where 5 Dimes has more to offer.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t know what the value was looking at those sites?

danshan11

these sites dont help bettors, they help touts because you can create a 100 accounts make a zillion picks and by variance some will do well and the ones that do they scream in the wind "look look how good I am " and they use this as 3rd party documentation that they are winners! You cant buy a car with CLV and you can with winners but unfortunately without line value you probably better save that money and use it to cover the variance that is coming!

ou121
    ou121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Blitz Predict!!

jjgold

Scammers

these sites dont help bettors, they help touts because you can create a 100 accounts make a zillion picks and by variance some will do well and the ones that do they scream in the wind "look look how good I am " and they use this as 3rd party documentation that they are winners! You cant buy a car with CLV and you can with winners but unfortunately without line value you probably better save that money and use it to cover the variance that is coming!

LT Profits

But what about guys that have no interest in following anyone and merely want to track their own performance? If PM gets the BTCL metric down pat, it becomes a valuable tracking tool while taking away need for a spreadsheet.

And as an aside, I have seen PM ban members with multiple accounts so they track those sorts of shenanigans.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

These tracking sites are all easy to get around for touts - they have a losing year, they just change their name or moniker and start tracking with a new name. Why so many touts have so many websites.

danshan11

But what about guys that have no interest in following anyone and merely want to track their own performance? If PM gets the BTCL metric down pat, it becomes a valuable tracking tool while taking away need for a spreadsheet.

And as an aside, I have seen PM ban members with multiple accounts so they track those sorts of shenanigans.
    spreadsheet is the absolute best way to track the exact metrics you want. I honestly dont think there is a real market for CLV trackers, not many think it matters to be honest.

Barrakuda

spreadsheet is the absolute best way to track the exact metrics you want. I honestly dont think there is a real market for CLV trackers, not many think it matters to be honest.
    It depends on the value of your time..

Barrakuda

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    These tracking sites are all easy to get around for touts - they have a losing year, they just change their name or moniker and start tracking with a new name. Why so many touts have so many websites.
    That's why you shouldn't ever take a short term record (less than a couple years) seriously at a tracking site. Ignore those and pay attention to the long-term, huge-sample winners.

Barrakuda

Pick tracking sites aren't for you, my man. They reveal true skill.

tsty

I don't think that's the case, I think this has more to do with tracking one's own performance using metrics that are unique to Pick Monitor.
    Monitoring picks becomes near impossible once you get past 20 picks a day.

tsty

Pick tracking sites aren't for you, my man. They reveal true skill.
    lol no they don't

only how much money you make reveals "true" skill

jjgold

Anyone believes those sites are very very gullible

Barrakuda

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Anyone believes those sites are very very gullible
    You're right. Much better to trust people tracking their own records on SBR's MLB forum. LOL.

What exactly are you adding to this thread?

Barrakuda

lol no they don't

only how much money you make reveals "true" skill
    You wouldn't last a month on PM

tsty

You wouldn't last a month on PM
    What does that even mean? lol

Why do shills like you try this hard?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

not this pony show again. It must be August....go penetrate yourself

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Monitoring sites are scam. They pimp out multiple services that they own themselves with fake records.

12 Last