scottdills
    These pretzels are makin' me thirsty.
    scottdills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whose Money Is In First?

When you look at where the money is for a certain game, whose money is usually going in first? In other words if you look at a game an hour or two after the line comes out and 75% are on Team A is that usually sharp money or square? I would think the sharps would be on the 'virgin lines' early and that as the game gets closer these numbers become more of a square consensus. Just wondering what people think.. thanks in advance.

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

A LOT more squares than sharps. Can't tell really.

mintybetmachine
    mintybetmachine's Avatar Become A Pro!

lower limits on opening lines, and the co-op theory can help you figure this out

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

There is no answer to this, sharps move in whenever there is value, be it early, mid-day or late. And besides RLM, there is really no way to tell who sharps are on without having some inside info.

Flying Dutchman
    Floggings continue until morale improves
    Flying Dutchman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    There is no answer to this, sharps move in whenever there is value, be it early, mid-day or late. And besides RLM, there is really no way to tell who sharps are on without having some inside info.
    Not exactly true. Seen some biggies on plays in the markets, but then seen some gaming too.

Books are opaque tho, unless you have a mole.

phans3
    phans3's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not an expert by any means but i guess the % of sharpes betting the earlie lines will be pretty high till this lines tend to be the softest!

However i guess it depends! I would guess that sharps are betting more favs early than underdogs cause the puplic will often move the lines to the favor of the underdogs

most sharps bet favs early and dogs late am i rate with this rough estimation?