Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

MLB Odds into Excel?

Anyone know of a live odds source that be used for Excel web queries? Pinnacle won't work bc it's Javascript. BOL almost works, except it won't let you choose an individual sport via persistent URL.

Looking strictly for something that can be easily accessed via Excel web query -- would be refreshing every 10 min or so. Not looking for second-to-second line moves. Pls post if you use anything with success.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

vegasinsider

Barrakuda

Turns out, downloading the Power Query Excel addin from Microsoft allows for querying json tables. I.e., you can query Pinnacle with it.

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post
    Turns out, downloading the Power Query Excel addin from Microsoft allows for querying json tables. I.e., you can query Pinnacle with it.
    How's this working for you? and how do you do it? Sorry for my ignorance to json tables and Power Query.

Barrakuda

It's a little funky, actually. It improves the web query interface to identify more tables in complex web pages. That;s the good part. The bad part is that it's somewhat hard to figure out -- a lot of trial and error.

I think if I put more time into it, it will make web scraping much easier.

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

I looked at it briefly, I miss the old import queries where all you have to do is click the box beside the table you want lol!