Heritage
    Greek
    Cris \ Bookmaker are the same right ?
    BetOnline
    Jazz
    Youwager
    WagerWeb
    Bet DSI
    over the years I have seen these sites move first on unders and dogs which tend to be Sharper money. What is your order ? Or are the others considered sharp on SBR that I am missing?
    I always considered Bovada , sportsinteraction ,my bookie, gt bets, as square shops.
    The others I have no idea. Anyone ?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should know as you are DA BOOK............

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Not sure about 5dimes. They are not very fond of sharp bettors.

Fullkelly
    Fullkelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

Bookmaker and Pinny are sharp books. Heritage, 5D, and betonline are in the middle. The rest are mostly square and just copy line moves on the screen. Bovada probably has the most recreational players and always shades lines to get an extra 10 cent edge out of the squares.

Fullkelly

Also Matchbook and Betfair are right up with the sharp books.

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18419

Thanks

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18419

I dont see betfair on the SBR ODDS page

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by DABOOK View Post
    I always considered Bovada , sportsinteraction ,my bookie, gt bets, as square shops.
    Gtbets clones 5dimes and betonline for pretty much everything major.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullkelly View Post
    Bovada probably has the most recreational players and always shades lines to get an extra 10 cent edge out of the squares.
    Bovada copies alot more then they they did in the past. Even on the sharp line set you used to be able to get a unique number on virtually every NFL Monday, Thursday, and Sunday night game. Not so much anymore.
    Last edited by LVHerbie; 12-09-17 at 05:15 AM.

Fullkelly

About 10-15 years ago it was a lot more common to find smaller books with numbers that could be 2 points off from one another. That was in the golden era pre 2007. Middles and arbs were common place and smart bettors were taking advantage. I wish had been betting back when it was free money.

Bovada copies alot more then they they did in the past. Even on the sharp line set you used to be able to get a unique number on virtually every NFL Monday, Thursday, and Sunday night game. Not so much anymore.[/QUOTE]

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

Pinny and Bookmaker (Cris) are the sharpest out of the mix, but the line poster on SBR odds for Bookmaker is rarely correct, so if you see a square number on the odds page it's likely incorrect.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    Pinny and Bookmaker (Cris) are the sharpest out of the mix, but the line poster on SBR odds for Bookmaker is rarely correct, so if you see a square number on the odds page it's likely incorrect.

Yeah what is it with trying to decipher Bookmaker lines on SBR? It's like the ticker is broken when there is a line move.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    Yeah what is it with trying to decipher Bookmaker lines on SBR? It's like the ticker is broken when there is a line move.
    Are you talking about the delay that they have in regards to Bookmaker? If so, that's on purpose.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Are you talking about the delay that they have in regards to Bookmaker? If so, that's on purpose.
    What's the purpose? And why do lines flip flop 5-10 times in rapid succession when the actual BM line doesn't budge? I have a tough time believing that's on purpose. When I pointed out all these issues a couple years ago, SBR claimed repeatedly that the feed was real-time and had no issues. Baffling, at best.

Example (the Atl total did not move a full point back and forth eight times in seven minutes, yet SBR's feed did):

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    What's the purpose? And why do lines flip flop 5-10 times in rapid succession when the actual BM line doesn't budge? I have a tough time believing that's on purpose. When I pointed out all these issues a couple years ago, SBR claimed repeatedly that the feed was real-time and had no issues. Baffling, at best.

Example (the Atl total did not move a full point back and forth eight times in seven minutes, yet SBR's feed did):

The purpose is, that's what Bookmaker wants. I don't know of any free line service that doesn't have a 5 min. delay on their lines. You could get real time odds, but you'll have to pay for them at places like Don Best. I do. I don't use SBR for odds, but they're still a great FREE service.

As far as the history you showed, I couldn't tell you.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

The purpose is, that's what Bookmaker wants. I don't know of any free line service that doesn't have a 5 min. delay on their lines. You could get real time odds, but you'll have to pay for them at places like Don Best. I do. I don't use SBR for odds, but they're still a great FREE service.

Huh? Pinnacle lines on SBR are real-time, as just one of many examples.

Check out the BM line history of any game on SBROdds. It will look like the game I showed above. That's not intentional; that's a huge bug. A bug that free services such as VI and SI do not have. Here is what the line history actually looked like in the Hawks game (via SI's free live odds service):

All the see-sawing btw 217 and 218 shown by SBR is nothing more than a line feed bug.

Bluehorseshoe

Huh? Pinnacle lines on SBR are real-time, as just one of many examples.

Check out the BM line history of any game on SBROdds. It will look like the game I showed above. That's not intentional; that's a huge bug. A bug that free services such as VI and SI do not have. Here is what the line history actually looked like in the Hawks game (via SI's free live odds service):

All the see-sawing btw 217 and 218 shown by SBR is nothing more than a line feed bug.
    I didn't say all the books are on a five minute delay. Just Bookmaker's.

MikeJo
    MikeJo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Is it a delay for Donbest too? (The free odds) just using as reference for now
    so. It paying for service

thanks

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJo View Post
    Is it a delay for Donbest too? (The free odds) just using as reference for now
    so. It paying for service

thanks
    I would think so. All you have to do is open an account and match it up to know.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

my list

1. tie...pinnacle with betting exchanges

2. bookmaker

nothing else matters except square books

SIA
    bovada/bodog

MRivera42
    MRivera42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 94

sportsbetting is pretty sharp they always change the odds when i'm about to place the bet

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10462

i haven't figured out if betphoenix is sharp or just crazy?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Sometimes I wonder if Bookmaker deals dual lines on select accts? Do you think it would cause the SBR feed to glitch sometime? SportsInsights also has issues with Bookmaker's lines.... like earlier tonight it was bouncing from -1.5 to -1 at one point for Philadelphia 76ers. But when you logged in at Bookmaker the line was Philadelphia -1.5 and it didn't move for me... for about 10 minutes. Around game time it quickly shot to -2.

When I place a wager at Bookmaker... hit the process button... an error message says... the line has changed. (The price has updated). Would you like to place the wager now? Happens more than it should.