Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Value of half points in the NFL (for halves and quarters).

Anyone knows how to calculate or has the values of half points in the NFL for Half and Quarters?

I know of the half-point calculator on SBR but haven't seen one for half and quarter.

Any insight is appreciated.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

I doubt you will find one. Half point values are calculated using push% so it is probably the same as full game.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    I doubt you will find one. Half point values are calculated using push% so it is probably the same as full game.
    absolutely not true. I've never seen an actual calculator for one, but I would guestiamte that it would be worth much more on quarters and half.

If you look at the Q1 lines on SBRodds for jax/pit, jax +.5 was -105, jax ML was 168. This would put the half point on a quarter around 73 cents.

The push % differences is going to be much larger for the half, because scores are lower, and more likely to be close. Ball park, likely 30 cents. See what a book charges you if you try to buy a half point on a 1st half wager. Report back, I'm curious.

turbobets

For shits and giggles here is Pinnacles odds for the last NBA game tonight. If I remember I will check the NFL alt lines later in the week.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    absolutely not true. I've never seen an actual calculator for one, but I would guestiamte that it would be worth much more on quarters and half.

If you look at the Q1 lines on SBRodds for jax/pit, jax +.5 was -105, jax ML was 168. This would put the half point on a quarter around 73 cents.

The push % differences is going to be much larger for the half, because scores are lower, and more likely to be close. Ball park, likely 30 cents. See what a book charges you if you try to buy a half point on a 1st half wager. Report back, I'm curious.

I don't know of a book that allows you to buy points on quarters or halfs. If there is one it must be extremely expensive to buy .

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    I don't know of a book that allows you to buy points on quarters or halfs. If there is one it must be extremely expensive to buy .
    Heritage offers on NFL halfs. They have them listed for the games sunday already, Turbobets might be more correct then I was except for the exception I pointed out.
    Last edited by Waterstpub87; 01-16-18 at 12:36 PM.

turbobets

Super Bowl odds from Pinnacle.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

As everything in the betting world, such points have a price. Football is more interesting, as the discrete scoring (mostly in 7 and 3 point increments) make half and quarter key numbers worth much more. In halves and quarters, the spread 0 is worth a lot, maybe the most important number, while in full games is worth very little or nothing. Same with totals, 20, 21 and 24 are big on 1st half, 7, 10 and 14 in quarters. The method for calculating their worth is the same as in full games, a simple push chart for games close to the line.