Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

NCAA Basketball returning starters

Anyone have a good resource for this? Preferably with archived results.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    You are a saint! I think that is what return poss. minutes is.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Only has this year, and only archived last year.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Does KenPom have anything? I'm not a subscriber, so can't check.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Does KenPom have anything? I'm not a subscriber, so can't check.
    No, unfortunately not. Emailed him, responded he doesn't have. You trip over this information for NCAAF, but apparently besides that link above, it is no where else on the entirety of the internet. I would hate to have to scrap and calculate myself, on 351 teams.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    No, unfortunately not. Emailed him, responded he doesn't have. You trip over this information for NCAAF, but apparently besides that link above, it is no where else on the entirety of the internet. I would hate to have to scrap and calculate myself, on 351 teams.
    agreed 100% on the difference between football and basketball info.

was a kenpom subscriber the last few years and may renew for this season.................. he does more of a true returning starter/minutes/production measure as he doesn't calculate it until he sees the teams on the court - at least that's my interpretation.. the frustration is that much of the value of returning starter info is early in the season. after a few games, we see that xxx team is much better or worse than expected.

i have been eyeballing ncaab preview mags for this type of info for bigger conference teams.

i would lastly add that there are now tons and tons of transfers but that's not what OP asked about.

evo34

I would imagine these guys have done it:
    https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...ictions-system

Not sure how to contact or if they would share.

evo34

One final thought: I know statfox.com used to offer systems based on returning starters, so they prob. have it as well.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i see bleacherreport.com gave 20 programs each that lost many starters and those that lost very few... so that would be a good start at you're mostly looking for outliers.... 40% vs. 60% returning production doesn't make that big a difference IMHO

what happened to memphis? didn't lose players to nba. and very little of last year's production was seniors but 6 of top 7 scorers transferred out...... i get memphis and louisville confused but i thought it was UL that has been hit by controversy recently and the transfers probably predate that anyway

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i see bleacherreport.com gave 20 programs each that lost many starters and those that lost very few... so that would be a good start at you're mostly looking for outliers.... 40% vs. 60% returning production doesn't make that big a difference IMHO

what happened to memphis? didn't lose players to nba. and very little of last year's production was seniors but 6 of top 7 scorers transferred out...... i get memphis and louisville confused but i thought it was UL that has been hit by controversy recently and the transfers probably predate that anyway
    Can't know until you test if 40% vs 60% is a big deal. Also need to test for type of school

For top schools, you lose one and dones and gain more one and dones from recruiting, making it a smaller effect

For weaker school, you don't get higher caliber players, so the experience matters more.

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Thanks for this, ​evo34!