Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Hockey information

For the hockey sharps I know we have here:

Where do you get your stats from? I am finding it difficult to find good stats for hockey. NHL.com is in some weird format that won't paste correctly to excel. Hockey reference has good stats, but not everything I am looking for. At the moment, I am trying to find Penalty kill shots allowed.

I am looking for player statistics.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Mix of both, NHL.com and espn

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

The problem has been a lot of the stats guys have been hired by teams so it has been up in the air. I use Naturalstattrick.com for most of my shot metrics. puckon.net also has filters for PK and can filter over years, months or games.

Corsica was the go to site for any analytics but the author shut it down. He has promised to relaunch with a new and improved site so keep an eye out for that.

***edit*** I see puckon.net no longer has PP and PK filters just even strength and full strength, so that's probably not the best plus it is only team based not player so you can ignore that one.
    Last edited by gdon44; 09-11-17 at 03:48 PM.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Thanks for the responses. Will take a look.

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

espn

Used to use hockey reference. I don't use any of the sports reference sites anymore as they don't import to excel, at least not in a way i know how.

What did you decide on Waterstpub87

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

I just went with hockey reference. I can get 90% of what I need, it copies and pastes easily. Rather than try to figure out some formula for PP goals, I just averaged the GF and GA of the offense and defense. I have to test it, but on a few games, I get decently close enough to the line to make it worthwhile to continue.

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

For those that are interested corsica.hockey just relaunched. It has tons of advanced stats for skaters/teams/ whatever. NaturalStatTrick.com is also a great resource for stats.

Can't wait for the season to get under way.

Good luck all.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

eliteprospects.com is a sourse for me

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

weird NHL question for people....

i know people look at powerplay and short-handed play alot........ but do some teams create more powerplay and give more shorthanded opportunities than others? or do the refs - for whatever reason - assign penalties fairly equally to teams?

thx advance