biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Any crypto-currency traders here?

I have been told you can arbitrage the smaller coins with different exchanges almost instantly ? has anyone been succesful doing this. ???

Would love some information i know nothing about crypto but it seems like there is lots of money to made. I just don't understand it enough.

Any forums dedicated to cryptos?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    I have been told you can arbitrage the smaller coins with different exchanges almost instantly ? has anyone been succesful doing this. ???

Would love some information i know nothing about crypto but it seems like there is lots of money to made. I just don't understand it enough.

Any forums dedicated to cryptos?
    I started day trading cryptos in 2013. I took a lot of time off but I'm back in it because of the fluctuations that are occurring at this time. Chat rooms at BTC-e.com and Poloniex.com are fun to read.

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look guys its just B.S. just put ur money into crypto currencies and just ride the wave u dont have to trade at all. This stuff needs another 5 years or a financial clapse of the financial system to get main stream I would say only 1% of the worlds people can trade and be sucessful at it.And most of the people on these forums or even crypto forums are either selling when they should be buying or buying when they should be selling. There is just many banks wallstreet and billion dollar companies that are dealing with this currency now and they dont buy or sell at the same time. They do it with billions small amounts at a time not to be noticed in spurts. Like i said the people moving the market are not u and me it billions with a capitol B. I came into this stuff to early when it was in its infancy stages and got into a currency called e-gold and invested in hyips high yied investment programs which i did make some money but nothing to brag about but the currency pretty much went under because of the u.s. goverment. I really cant shouldnt tell u what to do because whats right for one investor may not be right for another. But good luck.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    Look guys its just B.S. just put ur money into crypto currencies and just ride the wave u dont have to trade at all. This stuff needs another 5 years or a financial clapse of the financial system to get main stream I would say only 1% of the worlds people can trade and be sucessful at it.And most of the people on these forums or even crypto forums are either selling when they should be buying or buying when they should be selling. There is just many banks wallstreet and billion dollar companies that are dealing with this currency now and they dont buy or sell at the same time. They do it with billions small amounts at a time not to be noticed in spurts. Like i said the people moving the market are not u and me it billions with a capitol B. I came into this stuff to early when it was in its infancy stages and got into a currency called e-gold and invested in hyips high yied investment programs which i did make some money but nothing to brag about but the currency pretty much went under because of the u.s. goverment. I really cant shouldnt tell u what to do because whats right for one investor may not be right for another. But good luck.
    Now is the perfect time to be day trading because of the volatility. There are many exchanges and they all have different prices.
    Points Awarded:

Snowden gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

why are there different prices at different places?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    why are there different prices at different places?
    No central system so each exchange is a discrete market. So just supply/demand levels at that moment at each exchange.

The high costs of converting fiat currencies through the traditional banking system also means people using as a currency transfer method (like bettors) are generally tied to exchanges that operate local bank accounts in their currency, preventing them just switching to the best exchange rate easily.

biggie12

Fuk me hard with no lube. I can't get my penetrating kraken account up and running they take forever to fuckiin verify.

this made me puke almost.

Ethbits (ETB)

$256.96 (11794.70%)
    0.08992980 BTC (10760.30%)
    up over 12k% in the last 24 hours FML

i was going to buy in for around $50CAD

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Biggie Bitcoin has dropped $200 in an two hours.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Nows the time we need this trader advice!

Buy buy buy?

Sell sell sell?

biggie12

so what that happens everyday up and down.

Otters look at ETHbits it was $1.25 yesterday its sitting at over $250 now. GreenCoin up over 900%

i wanted ot buy greencoin but still waiting for the exchange to verify my account go figure.

mr.ed
    mr.ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4218

Quick question...I sold bitcoin about an hour ago, and use Glidera and Airbitz. My sale price was $2800, yet I noticed via a real time quote that Bitcoin was $2875 at the time. Is this kind of spread standard when trading? Thanks!

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ed View Post
    Quick question...I sold bitcoin about an hour ago, and use Glidera and Airbitz. My sale price was $2800, yet I noticed via a real time quote that Bitcoin was $2875 at the time. Is this kind of spread standard when trading? Thanks!
    There is a fee that the exchanges charge but i cant confrim if its a standard rate you got or not. Im brand new, optional can probably answer your question better.

mr.ed
    mr.ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4218

There is a fee that the exchanges charge but i cant confrim if its a standard rate you got or not. Im brand new, optional can probably answer your question better.
    Thanks, biggie. There was also a fee charged as well....think it is around 1%.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ed View Post
    You are probably comparing it to one of the highest sell bids available. 1.3% spread would be higher than expected on most exchanges usually.

biggie12

optional how come Ethbit has risen over 1600% but does not have any volume. is there some kind of scam going on there or whats the story?

Optional

optional how come Ethbit has risen over 1600% but does not have any volume. is there some kind of scam going on there or whats the story?
    I don't know much about investing in alt coins Biggie. Just about the money transfer stuff really.

Raiders might have a theory.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

This will not end well

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

Jagoff Mark Cuban farted and tweeted Bitcoin was a bubble around that time. He also said in the past Bitcoin would never be accepted.
    All the cyber hacking and ransomware are being paid off in Bitcoin. All the big companies buy Bitcoin for security.

Raiders, are there any cryptocurrency or Blockchain stocks you like? I bought some Gahc stock less than a couple of weeks ago since they have Blockchain patents.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't know much about investing in alt coins Biggie. Just about the money transfer stuff really.

Raiders might have a theory.
    Okay thanks and i had a typo it was 16000% not 1600%.

Raiders any idea why ?

RisingDough
    RisingDough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1674

Bitcoin #FTW

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

When there's a large spread between exchanges, if you know what you're doing, it's a license to print money.

As an example, about 3 months ago Bitfinex got in a fight w/ US banking regulators which caused BTC to trade about $100 cheaper there than at Bitstamp. This lasted about a month. Everybody wanted to arbitrage, but "regular" people couldn't because moving fiat (dollars, euros, etc.) around fast is impossible, subject as it is to so many banking and money laundering laws.

What they don't know, and what you DO now know, is there's a way around that problem. It's a coin called Tether and it's specifically designed to be 1 coin = $1. This coin can be moved using the blockchain, just as fast as BTC. So, the next time an arb opens between exchanges, do this:

1. Simultaneously sell [X] BTC for dollars at the expensive exchange, while buying [X] BTC at the cheap place. Pocket the profit.

2. At the expensive place, exchange your dollars for Tethers. Remember, these are always 1=1, sometimes give or take a penny. https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/tether/

3. Use the blockchain to send your Tethers to the cheap place, while you send your BTC to the expensive place. This takes an hour or so.

4. When the Tethers arrive at the cheap place, exchange them for dollars, on the usual 1 to 1 rate.

5. You're ready to do it again: sell [X] BTC at the expensive place and buy [X] BTC at the cheap place. Pocket the new profit.

6. Repeat until rich.