Phelot
    Phelot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Nfl scraping

Anyone know a good magazine that will have all the nfl box scores and player data by game? I have lots of free time at work and wanted to start studying for next year

yak merchant
    yak merchant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6170

Quote Originally Posted by Phelot View Post
    Anyone know a good magazine that will have all the nfl box scores and player data by game? I have lots of free time at work and wanted to start studying for next year
    So what does a magazine and NFL scraping have to do with each other? You can get all the data from a ton of web sites for free. Nfl.com if you can live with all the stupid video ads. I'm sure there is a magazine that has all the box scores from 2015, but my guess is those don't come out for a couple of months. Just print stuff out from website and take it to work, probably look much better that you are staring a white piece of paper with numbers on it rather than a magazine.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Phelot View Post
    no magazine prints that anymore. and it would be obsolete anyway by next year with teams turning over an average of 25% of their rosters. study college basketball and bet now if you have free time at work. some job.

Phelot
    Phelot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Government job. The more you work the less you get paid.

I I just needed mainly the box scores and stuff. I guess magazines are a thing of the past.

cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

I think the nfl.com gamebooks have the best information. you can download pfd files for each game at nfl.com.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Lol magazines

http://www.pro-football-reference.com is the best

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

While we're at it NCAA and the NBA get exciting soon and http://www.basketball-reference.com is a gem

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18929

The 2015 Official NFL Record and Fact Book can be downloaded for free from here:

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/07/21/0ap3000000502939.pdf

I would also recommend the NFL's gamebook .pdfs. For the last few seasons they've been available from the Game summaries section of each team's Wikipedia page.