xtrader
    xtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

The possibility of overtime doesn't affect the expected final score very much and doesn't favor luck over skill in any way.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by xtrader View Post
    The possibility of overtime doesn't affect the expected final score very much and doesn't favor luck over skill in any way.
    When looking at a single event OT is a wild card that throws all totals capping out the window for that game. So it is a luck factor on a game by game basis.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

The chance of OT affects the total before the game starts.. so you have to factor that chance of happening when you would take either side.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20351

Quote Originally Posted by Raonic View Post
    In nhl market you can choose if you want to include ot or not but i guess that is because ot is more common in nhl since it is a low scoring sport compared to football and basketball.

if books offer the same option in football or basketball with different lines with option to include or or not include ot, they would lose consistently because every bettor who bets the over will take the over without including the ot and get a huge advantage of the better line....same can be said for the under who will pound the under with the better line offered in the including ot option.

LEOLEO
    LEOLEO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2409

I HAVE A 365 ACCT , EXCLUSIVELY FOR O.T HEDGING,

THEY ALLOW U TO BET O.T UP UNTIL 2 MINS LEFT IN GAME,

if !!
    my total under play is secure, or STRONGLY favoured to go under with 2 mins left to play
    i hedge (the equity in my under) to get my bet amount back,

O.T OFFERINGS AT 365 , ARE VIG, +650 , +675 , +700 ARE DECENT OFFERINGS
    BASED ON MY LAST 800 BETS
    UR ONLY PAYING 3-4 cents VIG. ON 1 POSSESSION GAMES INSIDE 2 MINUTES AS MY NUMBERS SHOW AROUND 12%-13% OF GAMES hit o.t within 3 pts under 2 mins to go
    +650 offering is 13.3% to break even

selling a bit of expectant profits,
    saves you from this>>

after 2-3 straight o.ts in say a 6 hr window,
    can grow tiresome

#PRIMO

pri·mo

(prē′mō)n. pl. pri·mi (-mē) also pri·mos (-mōz) Music

a. Exceptionally good of its kind; first-class.

b. Highly or most valuable.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

Quote Originally Posted by xtrader View Post
    Yes it does, it only helps the over. That's luck. People don't bet on overs banking on OT.

T4TRUTH
    T4TRUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

sometimes I bet the over based upon the exact statistics of any given team to force over time. road team etc etc.
    If you want totals plays for under's play first half no added or over time there. simply fix

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

T4 is on to something, especially in modern football. If it goes under for the game, it is about 95% under in 1H, no doubt. Basically, from what I saw this year ... if you are more than half at half you have little chance of going under for the game.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

I don't know its a f@ckin pain in the ass.

First 12