GSoro
    GSoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 802

If you could only use one tool what would it be?

If you could only use one tool for handicapping games, like going off of only ONE stat OR ONE trend (rather it be public trends, or '78-13 on the road' type of trends) which ONE metric do you think is the most valuable?

For me I think it would be the 'As a favorite' trend' if I had to choose right now but I'm still not certain. What about you guys??

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Do not follow trends

GSoro

I disagree but interested in why you believe so? And to you what's the most important tool you use? Rather it's a key stat or anything...

GSoro

I disagree but interested in why you believe so? And to you what's the most important tool you use? Rather it's a key stat or anything...

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by GSoro View Post
    If you could only use one tool for handicapping games, like going off of only ONE stat OR ONE trend (rather it be public trends, or '78-13 on the road' type of trends) which ONE metric do you think is the most valuable?

For me I think it would be the 'As a favorite' trend' if I had to choose right now but I'm still not certain. What about you guys??
    Pinnacle U/O Lean in NBA.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by GSoro View Post
    I don't use a "single tool" or "trend", I use hundreds/thousands of games, hundred/thousands of stats to develop my own lines, predicted scores, etc. using detailed analysis and excessive mathematics.

It's not as simple as one trend

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Number of white chicks banged the night before. Oh and if there is other races subtract 1 from the equation. If the number is greater than 2 then its a 5 star play 10 units. 1-2 would be a 3 star play for 5 units. 0 Is a no play and -1 and on is a straight fade for 3 units.

Cheers!

yak merchant
    yak merchant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6170

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
    Number of white chicks banged the night before. Oh and if there is other races subtract 1 from the equation. If the number is greater than 2 then its a 5 star play 10 units. 1-2 would be a 3 star play for 5 units. 0 Is a no play and -1 and on is a straight fade for 3 units.

Cheers!
    You laugh but I used to have a "White dudes on defense" NCAAF system that wasn't far off and won money.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

One tool??????

FILM.

What i do is every week i randomly DVR different games that i dont have time to watch. And then at some point i go back and watch them. I dont like to bet for or against any team i have not seen on film.

And before wagering a game i try to cram as much film study as possible in.

i am a really good judge of talent. I look for all kinds of things but body language and confidence goes a long way.

This was the biggest reason i was so confident Ohio State was going to beat Bama str8 up.

I saw major holes in Bama's secondary. And I saw a Ohio state team who was playing with "swagger"

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

so whatever you wager NHL, NBA , college hoops start DVRing games so that you build yourself a nice inventory of film on every team you may potentially want to wager for or against

this is especially helpful in college basketball since there are litterally 100's of teams.

in the NBA this is not as useful of a tool bc u never know what kind of effort a team is going to give

in college for the most part u know the players are going hard every night.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16221

use the Hunch theory tool

Dakota
    Dakota's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17248

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Pinnacle U/O Lean in NBA.
    could u elaborate on this system? Do u compare lines vs. other books? tia

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

CLV

positive you will win long term

negative you are fukked

GSoro

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    I don't use a "single tool" or "trend", I use hundreds/thousands of games, hundred/thousands of stats to develop my own lines, predicted scores, etc. using detailed analysis and excessive mathematics.

It's not as simple as one trend
    Well of course, hopefully we all do....I was just seeing if anybody had a favorite metric is all... Just creating conversation...

GSoro

Quote Originally Posted by yak merchant View Post
    You laugh but I used to have a "White dudes on defense" NCAAF system that wasn't far off and won money.
    lmao

GSoro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    One tool??????

FILM.

What i do is every week i randomly DVR different games that i dont have time to watch. And then at some point i go back and watch them. I dont like to bet for or against any team i have not seen on film.

And before wagering a game i try to cram as much film study as possible in.

i am a really good judge of talent. I look for all kinds of things but body language and confidence goes a long way.

This was the biggest reason i was so confident Ohio State was going to beat Bama str8 up.

I saw major holes in Bama's secondary. And I saw a Ohio state team who was playing with "swagger"
    Even though I personally don't, this here is probably the most important tool I must say

CidaliaRod
    CidaliaRod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    One tool??????

... but body language and confidence goes a long way.
    If you could find a way to measure confidence that should be your tool.