Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Books are careful with pleasers, because of who will play them. Try to find a book that offers pleasers for basketball totals. They have no problem offering those for teasers.

Teasers have pretty much been solved by those who know what they're doing. If everybody knew, the books would stop offering them.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Show me one high roller that plays teasers. Bottom line. They do not. All of you small bettors can use any system you want. The facts are indisputable. You are giving away too much in the way of odds. Go ahead and play your silly little mathematical games. Again, you are missing the bottom line. You either know what you are doing or you do not. It is that simple. If my system is better than yours, I am going to take money from you. Not the book. You. If your system is better than mine,then you are going to take money from me. Sports gaming broken down to it's simplist terms. You against me with the book acting as the broker. It is that simple.

HUH?

You are very incorrect in your "assumptions".

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    when do we start talking pleasers?
    Unlike teasers, pleasers can be profitable when going thru zero. Pleasing large totals can be profitable too. Depends on the odds and the number of points given up. Good Luck finding places that allow this. Recently lost a place that allowed 5 point pleasers on NBA Totals; they finally figured out they were losing their ass on these bets.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

For Wong teaser players, is it best to strictly play 2 team teaser, or if there are 4 games that meet the criteria do you play 4 team teaser? I've never been much of a teaser player but this Wong concept seems interesting and pretty good players seem to use it. Also, say a home dog like Carolina is getting +9, does that get teased under Wong concept, since it's not going through 3 or 7? Thanks

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    For Wong teaser players, is it best to strictly play 2 team teaser, or if there are 4 games that meet the criteria do you play 4 team teaser? I've never been much of a teaser player but this Wong concept seems interesting and pretty good players seem to use it. Also, say a home dog like Carolina is getting +9, does that get teased under Wong concept, since it's not going through 3 or 7? Thanks
    This is dependent on the prices available to you and the cover rate of the teasers. Greek 5 team +500 has a low breakeven percentage but the growth sucks. However, I it is played at some multiples. You'd have to model the growth yourself at various prices. Ganch (rest in peace) mentioned AMPL as software with which this could be done. However, getting an accurate assessment of the value of each leg is a critical piece to determining optimal position sizing. (IE it is a must)

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

I actually at times play 5 team teasers at ONE particular book to aid in my rollovers at other books.

It is called the RK method which is a name it was given because of the guy that came up with this concept.

RK is a supreme wiseguy on many different gaming ventures and is well known at a few other less talked about forums.

I only came to learn about this recent concept about 1.5 years ago.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

On a way less technical note, are you better off to tease down favs or tease up dogs? % wise?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    On a way less technical note, are you better off to tease down favs or tease up dogs? % wise?
    Down HOME faves

NicksPicks
    NicksPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

WHat about Wong Teasers (crossing key numbers). Are the odds in your favour or improved by sticking to these only?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by NicksPicks View Post
    WHat about Wong Teasers (crossing key numbers). Are the odds in your favour or improved by sticking to these only?
    Already discussed and YES.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

To put it briefly, teasers are a sucker play because of the odds involved. Teaser bets are a key source of income for the books. Example. If you play 6.5 point two team teasers, you will hit about 50% of those wagers. The problem is that you are giving 13/10, which is 56.5%, giving the house a huge edge. You are giving 13/10 instead of the usual 11/10 on a straight wager, and winning just slightly more than if you took all dogs (48%) and even less if you took all favorites (52%). It is all in the odds. The more teams or points you take, the bigger the book's advantage. Vegas will never come up with a new game or type of wager that does NOT increase the house's edge, no matter how it may look to the average gambler.
    Again you are as humanly possible

PAULYPOKER

my win rate on teasers is consistently 80% or better NFL that is

ol'Tex
    ol'Tex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 413

wow this is all very interesting.. ill be following this one closely..

EDIT: just read a shit load about the wong teasers.. wow how someone took the time to figure out all that math is behind me but impressive!!

so for example, the superbowl, i know it does not fall into the 2,4,6,8 team round robin category but lets look at it from a numbers standpoint...

would it be a profitable teaser with indy -5.5 and saints +5.5 with a 9 point 3 event teaser at -110

teasing would give you +3.5 and giving you the saints at +14.5, and the over at 47.5

this would cover the -3 for indy, the +3 to indy, the +7,+10, and +14 for the saints and bring the over down to 47.5 which would be an exceptional play in this game.

would this be considered a teaser with a lower or higher EV and why?

sorry if this is a stupid question but im just trying to fully grasp the concept.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    my win rate on teasers is consistently 80% or better NFL that is
    We all know that you are a blatent liar. Save that sh** for your gay friends. You do not even wager. But you are the genius that claims to have won how many superbowls? 14 or 15 in a row? Let's see you pick for this one, big mouth. I can't wait to kick your worthless tail again. No one lies as much as you do in here.

LT Profits

We all know that you are a blatent liar. Save that sh** for your gay friends. You do not even wager. But you are the genius that claims to have won how many superbowls? 14 or 15 in a row? Let's see you pick for this one, big mouth. I can't wait to kick your worthless tail again. No one lies as much as you do in here.
    I think he meant 80% of individual legs, which is quite possible with Wongs.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

I think he meant 80% of individual legs, which is quite possible with Wongs.
    Not long term on 6 pters. That said it's amazing how BigDaddy manages to embarrass himself further with almost every post.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    Down home favored teams...no doubt

PAULYPOKER

HEY Mr. Disgrace to all humanity otherwise known as BigdaddyQH:
    I have plastered my NFL record on numerous threads to rebut your hideous remarks hell I even started a new thread titled:

BigDaddyQH.VS.PAULYPOKER in the world of the NFL
    BigDaddyQH.VS.PAULYPOKER in the world of the NFL

and you have yet had a rebuttal I wonder why? well I tell you why because you do not have a legitimate case which defends your false accusations about me. My advice to you is do not post anymore false claims about me because you will never win against me for the simple fact I do not lie but you on the other hand are a liar and the father of it.

Now I apologize to all for clogging this thread but I must drag Bigdaddy's face through the mud once again and here it is:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    PROOF OF MY NFL RECORD FROM WEEK 17 UNTIL NOW
    NFL Championship round: wager placed 1/24/2010 2:30 PM

Below is a wager Receipt statement from my book:

Wager Type:Football-6pts Teaser (2 team)
    Wager Status:Win
    Risk / To Win Amount:$603.00 / $548.18 (USD) Accepted 1/24/2010 2:30 PM - EST
    Amount Paid: 1,151.17999
    Item #1
    Wager Type:Spread
    Outcome:Win
    Sport / Period:NFL Football / Game
    Line: New York Jets 1/24/2010 3:00:01 PM - (EST)
    +14½
    * Game Notes:
    (CBS) NFL Playoff - Championship Round
    Item #2
    Wager Type:Spread
    Outcome:Win
    Sport / Period:NFL Football / Game
    Line: Minnesota Vikings 1/24/2010 6:40:01 PM - (EST)
    +9½
    * Game Notes:
    (FOX) NFL Playoff - Championship Round

Below is proof I gave this wager out privately only because I was tired of people like Bigdaddy and many others I will not mention for the simple fact they do not know any better but Big Daddy should.
    "To all my followers: I apologize this play wasn't posted publicly you can blame BIGDADDY and his minuet followers"
    Proof of play On my thread titled:
    The perfect ending for the perfect story scripted byNFL/Oddsmakers????
    01-24-10, 02:25 PM GGPLAYERoriginal post time
    Quote Originally Posted by GGPLAYER View Post
    PP - What are your picks for today?
    01-24-10, 02:35 PM= My original "private message' POST time to:
    GGPLAYER

Title:my picks
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER
    Vikings&Jets teased how ever I don't feel as strong as my recent picks so this is why I'm teasing it to feel just as comfortable
    GGPLAYER defending me publicly on my thread titled:
    The perfect ending for the perfect story scripted byNFL/Oddsmakers????
    01-25-10, 09:49 PM original post time:
    Quote Originally Posted by GGPLAYER View Post
    It's true. I was unsure what I wanted to do and me and PP talked it over. I ended up winning a 2 teamer. Here it is: Originally Posted by GGPLAYER Quote: Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER Vikings&Jets teased how ever I don't feel as strong as my recent picks so this is why I'm teasing it to feel just as comfortable Ok cool. I've been trying to check the heaviest daily bets and Colts are #1 but NYJ are 2 and 3 with PS and ML. I'll do a 2 teamer and tease them 6.5 points. So I'll be getting NYJ at 14.5 and Minny at 10.5. Thanks
    My NFL Championship week Playoffs record:
    Public 1win 0 losses
    *Private 2 wins 1 loss
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Divisional round proof of record 1/16/10 and 1/17/10

1/16/10 Arizona@NewOrleans&Baltimore@Indianapollis:

Arizona@NewOrleans proof of plays On lakerboy's thread titled:
    I will have all 4 NFL winners this weekend
    lakerboy

01-16-10, 03:09 PM original post time:
    " Those who do not follow me I will explain: Consensus is a critical factor on my final pick choice"

I'm sorry this is the top 10 bets of the day disregard my statement on MLs above cause it has a bearing factor today HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!
    #1 Arizona Cardinals -Money Line RUH! ROH! RAGGY!
    #2 Arizona Cardinals - Point Spread
    #3 New Orleans Saints - Point Spread
    #4 Indianapolis Colts - Point Spread
    #5 Baltimore Ravens - Point Spread
    #6 Arizona Cardinals - Over
    #7 Sacramento Kings - Point Spread
    #8 Baltimore Ravens - Money Line
    #9 Pittsburgh - Point Spread
    #10 New Orleans Saints - Under Going by what the books want it looks like SAINTS ML for sure
    WIN

01-16-10, 04:13 PM original post time: on lakerboy's thread titled: I will have all 4 NFL winners this weekend

*$1,000,000 Saints ML* is the play
    Plain to see my play was Saints ML BIG!=*10xmybase on PrivatePlays:Base=1unit Again just adding this for people who follow me so they get a better understanding of my language

NOTE:(I have no public record on my play for the Baltimore@Indianapolis game but I'll still will tell you the truth which is I had the Ravens +6 1/2 which was a LOSS)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

1/17/10 Dallas@Minnesota&NewYork@SanDiego:
    My Proof of plays on my thread titled:
    Paulys NFL Fix Factor for today

01-17-10, 11:39 AM original post time:

Below is a list of today's top 10 bets and if you are on Dallas you have a better chance of seeing God today than winning your wager because BOOKS don't lose, also if you are on Sandiego point spread looks like snowballs chance in hell of hitting but ML has a chance
    #1 San Diego Chargers - Point Spread
    #2 Dallas Cowboys - Point Spread

W#3 Minnesota Vikings - Point Spread
    #4 Dallas Cowboys - Money Line
    #2 and 4 together make total money on Dallas about80% to 20% Vikings
    W#5 New York Jets - Point Spread
    #6 New York Jets - Money Line
    #7 Dallas Cowboys - Over
    #8 Minnesota Vikings - Money Line
    #9 San Diego Chargers - Money Line
    #10 Connecticut - Point Spread
    Again plain to see what my plays were: Dallas and NewYork point spread BIG! =*10xmybase onPrivatePlays:Base=1unit
    level of my confidence highlighted in green HOWEVER ON THE JETS+7 1/2 MY *PRIVATE PLAY WAS 5XBASE

"Below is me trying to let my followers figure it out for their-selves in the Jets@Chargers game:"

My Proof of post's on my thread titled:
    Paulys NFL Fix Factor for today

01-17-10, 04:00 PM original post time:

update on top ten bets as of 4:00pm eastern time I'm not going to hold your hand in this one you make the CALL
    #1 Minnesota Vikings - Point Spread
    #3 San Diego Chargers - Point Spread
    #5 New York Jets - Point Spread
    #6 New York Jets - Money Line
    #7 Dallas Cowboys - Over
    #9 Connecticut - Point Spread
    #10 San Diego Chargers - Money Line
    01-17-10, 07:48 PM original post time:

OK fellow students did you figure it out?? If you read my thread from the beginning I gave you the answer but it was not bullet proof yet HERE is what I said exactly: if you are on Sandiego point spread looks like snowballs chance in hell of hitting but ML has a chance proof of this statement at beginning of this thread. Now I am going to show all that is smart enough to follow the answer below: in English to the simplest form
    #1 Minnesota Vikings - Point Spread
    #3 San Diego Chargers - Point Spread If Chargers would have covered spread The BOOKS lose $$$ big time
    #5 New York Jets - Point Spread
    Ideal for books but jets not win
    #6 New York Jets - Money Line If Jets win out right books still win some $ but not as much
    #7 Dallas Cowboys - Over
    #9 Connecticut - Point Spread
    #10 San Diego Chargers - Money Line
    If Chargers would have won out right but not cover Books would have just been greedy but trust me they get this greedy in *crunch* time
    My NFL Divisional week Playoffs record:
    Public 3 wins 0 losses
    *Private 4 wins 2 losses
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL wildcard playoffs round:1/9/10 and 1/10/10:

1/9/10 NewYork@Cinncinati&Philadelphia@Dallas:

My Proof of posted play or plays: In my thread Titled:
    The value of this teaser should not be overlooked

01-09-10, 11:23 AM original post time:

Yes boys I looked this one over from *every* possible angle and came up with the safest way to do this possible for the return investment and here it is: Teaser 7points New York Jets +9½ for Game Dallas Cowboys +3½ for Game
    Again proof of confidence level highlighted in green which was Huge!

1/10/10 Baltimore@NewEngland&GreenBay@Arizona
    My Proof of posted play or plays: In my thread Titled:
    PAULY'S NFL Sunday matchup scenarios

First my scenario's of the matchups:
    01-10-10, 06:14 AM original post time:
    Baltimore is starved as a ravaged beast for another Superbowl run and what makes them more confident this time is the fact that there is no roadblocks set up by the Steelers this year also this might be Ray Lewis's last year and we all know what kind of a leader he is to the Ravens yes emotions rule in the playoffs and that is a fact. Ray Rice was the most Impressive back this year bar none as far as playing a vital role in Ravens success this season. Ed ball hawk Reed is also expected to play New England on the other hand is opposite on the emotion factor actually they look like a team that has tuned out the Belichick ERA not to mention his outrageous decision making last week with his starters playing to win but not playing to win pulling starters putting starters back in then pulling starters again just by the sentence I just wrote tells you how confused his team is. Wes Welker is done and I'm sorry but you can not replace the best clutch receiver in the NFL and that's a fact. I also heard that Randy Moss had been spotted hobbling out of the Patriots' locker room Thursday, and on Wednesday he wrapped ice around his knees. Moss had not appeared on the injury report all week, and on the final report the Patriots listed him as probable with his ailment specified as "non-injury related.'' I would say this team is in disarray. Based on both scenarios it's obvious who has the least key distractions and injury's. If you had to risk your nest egg on this game who would you take???
    original post time: 01-10-10, 06:45 AM
    Packers VS. Cardinals now this one is tough to find the obvious choice I know Coach Whisenhunt's ways somewhat well after all he was a major part of the Steelers 5th Superbowl championship this man has more tricks up his sleeve than the Joker himself meaning what was his thought process last week on the lay down did he decide this pregame or did he decide to lay down after he knew he had to chase to win? What I'm trying to say is the books can never cap the cards accurately because of this known fact. I'm almost positive he will have plenty of tricks up his sleeve tomorrow what ones only time will tell so with that said you have to give the cards a slight edge cause Packers do not no what to expect from Whisenhunt but on the other hand the Pack showed off the entire game practically not stopping to think that Whisenhunt was most likely taking key notes. This game here I believe will be decided on coach rather than players meaning Whisenhunt is the key to this one. Is he going to outsmart them or is he going to fail?
    My play or plays:
    01-10-10, 12:54 PM original post time:

My play Baltimore Ravens +9½ for Game Arizona Cardinals +8½ for Game
    My NFL Wild Card week Playoffs record:
    Public 2 wins 0 losses
    *Private 6 wins 0 losses
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Week 17 1/3/10: NewYork@MInnesota/Neworleans@Carolina/NewEngland@Houston/Philadelphia@Dallas

Proof of play or plays for:
    NewYork@MInnesota/Neworleans@Carolina:
    In my thread titled:
    This teaser is so good it Should be Illegal

original post time:01-03-10, 11:44 AM
    Yes sir ree boys I actually feel like I am stealing and it feels good Carolina -1 Vikings-2 1/2
    TELL'EM CHARLIE SENT YA
    Again my confidence level was almost criminal!

Proof of play or plays for:NewEngland@Houston/Philadelphia@Dallas
    In
    Slate's thread titled:My picks today for PaulyPoker
    Slate

original post time:01-03-10, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    So far Dallas -3 Rams +8 Jets -10 TBay +3 Neng +3 1/2 1st half Houston -71/2 game Indy +9 small
    original post time:01-03-10, *02:16* PM
    *Neng +3 1/2 1st half* DALLAS -3 TRASH THE REST TO MUCH RISK
    *Note due to the time I responded to Slate's post the NewEngland play was not a legal posted play of mine however it was a personal play of mine*

My NFL Week 17 record:
    Public 2 wins 0 losses
    *Private 6 wins 0 losses
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Total Public record from week 17 1/3/10 until 1/24/10:=8wins 0 loss
    WIN Rate100%
    Public Record posted
    as public plays:
    W1
    . Dallas-3
    W
    2. 6point Teaser Carolina -1 Vikings-2 1/2
    W3. 7point Teaser New York Jets +9½ Dallas Cowboys +3½
    W4. 6point TeaserBaltimore Ravens +9½ Arizona Cardinals+8½
    W5. Saints ML
    W6. Minnesota-2 1/2
    W7. Jets+7
    W8. 6point Teaser
    New York Jets +14½ Minnesota Vikings +9½
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I'M going to explain my private record for those who follow me so they can get a better understanding how I make my private plays:
    {*How I make my private plays further explained in a nutshell:
    Teasers are the backbone of my system meaning without them it would put a serious dent in my net income all my teaser plays are *2x my spread or money line bets in conclusion all teasers I wager privately also are played as spread or ML wagers All MY private NFL plays consist of =teaser+2 strait bets of spread or ML (BasePlay=1unit unless otherwise noted)
    Example:
    play1.6point teaser
    Pitt+3 Cleveland+14 risk= *2xbasewager
    play2. Pittburgh-3 risk= base wager
    play3. Cleveland+8 risk=base wager*}

----------------------------------------------------------
    My private NFL record from week 17 1/3/10 until 1/24/10:=18 wins 3 losses /TotalWIN Rate= 86%/
    /TeaserWIN Rate=83%/SpreadMLWINRate86%

My private plays :Base=1unit
    1. Dallas-3W1unit
    2. NewEngland+31/2 first half W1unit
    3. 6 point teaser Dallas+3(for game>NewEng+13)W2x=2units
    4.Carolina-7W1unit
    5.Viking-8 1/2W1unit
    6.. 6point Teaser Carolina -1 Vikings-2 1/2W2x=2units
    7. New York Jets ML+130 W1.3units
    8. Dallas Cowboys -3½ W1unit
    9. 7point Teaser Jets +9½ Dallas Cowboys +3½ W2x=2units
    10.Baltimore Ravens ML+140 W1.4units
    11.ArizonaCardinals ML +125 W1.25units
    12.6point Teaser Baltimore +9½ Arizona+8½ W2x=2units
    13.Saints ML-240 Risked 2.4unitsx10W10units
    14.Baltimore+6 1/2L=-1.1unit
    15.6point Teaser
    Saints-1 Baltimore+12 1/2L2x=-2.2units
    16. Minnesota-2 1/2BaseX10=W10units
    17.Jets+7 1/2BaseX5=W5units
    18.6point TeaserMinnesota+3 1/2 Jets+13 1/2W2x=2units
    19. Jets+8 1/2L=-1.1units
    20. Minnesota+3 1/2W1unit
    21. 6point Teaser
    New York Jets +14½ Vikings +9½W2x=2units

Total Base units won=42.55 UNITS
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    To
    BigdaddyQH

Again I show you my record and again you'll ignore it and again you'll continue to post your blatant ignorance of stupidity not even realizing every time you do your are shrinking further to non existence in the sports investing world the only questions which is still puzzling me about you BigDaddy is whether you are this stupid??? or your are just this narcissistic???

I have noticed you like to hurl childish insults at all of the top Handicappers in this forum such as Myself in the NFL and Lakerboy in the NBA just to name a few however I do not go into the other sections to often like NCAA Football&Basketball,NHL,MLB,ETC. but I would say if it were a wager the money-line would be +800 meaning this would be the bet:
    Bigdaddy ML+800=Find a top "VeryConfident" Handicapper in any capping forum on this entire SBR site in which Bigdaddy did not attack with spineless accusations at least once. Good
    PAULYPOKER

First 12