JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

square question: BRM & Unit calculation

Hello guys,

After losing several deposits due to tilt and poor BRM, I teamed up with another partner about a month ago - who was playing a high-juice bookie. This is a win-win partnership for us because I wouldn't dare to put our money in risk, and he wouldn't have to play with ridiculous juice.

We started about a month ago, and after a bad start we're slowly getting things back together after a nice run of mind (Something like 27-11),This is how we do it:

1. Deposit $100 each month
    2. Unit is $3
    3. After 1st month, 1 unit becomes $6, after 2nd: $9...and so on..

So...my question is: (juice is dropped for ease of calculation)

let's say we end up on the black for the first month. Up $30, picking 20-10. that's +10 units.

Now..for 2nd month, since our unit size has changed - do I have to start alter that in my spreadsheets as well? (our SBR spreadsheet counts in $$$, so that would be a problem?

i.e. during the 2nd month each bet is $6 as planned, if we pick another 20-10, we're up $60, which 10 units? or 20? (in YTD stats)

Your help has been and is very well appreciated,
    Cheers - JA

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

i've thought about this in the past as well. after 10 years if all goes well, ur unit could be around $200 or $300, and that in effect seems to make units won in the first few years relatively meaningless.

i recalculate my unit after each month, and whether it's higher or lower i still count it as one unit on the spreadsheet and write down my dollar values on paper. if you want to avoid ur problem though, u can just put the dollar amounts in on ur spreadsheet.

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thanks for your reply Masu, just what I thought

Obviously we're gonna part ways at some point, I believe I'm a much better handicapper than he is (oh, the arrogance of a gambler), he is just an "educating-factor" for the next few months and he is aware of that.